Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!

While I was growing up, my mom used to tell everyone that she is the meanest mom in the world. I disagree! I have one of the greatest moms! Here's a great picture of her:



My mom has taught me so many great things -- she taught me how to look for ways to serve others. I remember when we would load up the lawnmower, weed-wacker, and edger in the back of the van and go and mow a neighbor's lawn while they were on vacation. I remember when she would spend 3-4 hours snowblowing the walks of all the neighbors on really snowy days. She always volunteered to help others, whether is was a call to do something or a simple feeling to help out. I have to say, I have learned and felt the true spirit of service by watching my mom's example. Her teaching me this principle has brought unmatchable happiness in my life.

My mom has an always-positive attitude! Despite sometimes feeling under-the-weather, she will always have a smile and carry a happy attitude. She is so light-hearted and fun to be around! I remember when she took Keith Hays and I in the van somewhere, and she did like 4 u-turns in a neighborhood 3-way stop. It was one of the funniest things. Whether it be a scouting event or working in the yard, being around my mom has always been filled with laughs and smiles. As a result of her fun and light-hearted nature, I have had fun carrying this light-hearted nature into my current family-, school-, and work-life. Thanks mom!!

My mom is such a hard worker! I remember her always working hard during every waking hour. She always has something to do--and she is always good at what she was doing. She isn't afraid of trying something new. She is creative--and she uses her creativity and talent in the work she does.

I sure love mom. She is a great example of service, an always-positive attitude, and hard work. She's taught me so many things. I love you mom! Happy Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

Mommason Hillary said...

Wow - you wrote it just like I asked you to Mae Mae! How did I get so lucky? Thanks sweetheart - you make a heart happy! Mom

pitbull said...

Matt, You forgot to say what a great friend your ma is. I'll always remember her pulling over and letting me puke several times on the way back home after we ate bad hamburgers. Now, that's a true friend! Love ya tons, Nic' Elaine ("puke-to-go")

Mommason Hillary said...

Whew Elaine - I thought you were going to tell about the time I stole your U of U flag while I was on a walk and then cussed people for stealing things when I told you it was missing from your porch!!

pitbull said...

I also didn't mention the time that I found my nuns and friars missing from the garage....what kind of person would steal religious icons? I have to give you credit for giving them back, though, after I found out it was you, and not Dan and Anne, who took them. What a friend you are!