Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Mr Hillary's Birthday

.... but not until 4:00 PM this afternoon - so his mom said.  (He was a big baby - so how could she forget) (kinda still is a big baby - and yes I still love him so remember that as you read on)  So I really don't have to be uber nice to him until then right?  Oh Happy Day husband (just said kind of excited)!

 Let's recap some feelings I have about this.

Usually I have warm fuzzies about peoples' happy days but I'm kind of on a 'path to recovery' with my happy day feelings just with him.  Dec - my 50th' birthday - LIKE IT'S NOT JUST YOUR RUN OF THE MILL BIRTHDAY - oi - I got that out.  So I get the card saying:  Hey - the kids will come for dinner - yeah!  BUT - you can also choose your gift!!!  (Oh - am I a lucky girl or what?)  I have multiple choices on the card and I mull over them - trying to pick just the right one.... and after careful consideration of the immediate gratification I could receive from 4 of them...(they were all very nice and I was feeling very loved and special!!!), I came to the conclusion that I would choose the one where we would wait until a month later when I could have some time off from work (retail + December = no time off) and we would go to Disneyland - just him and I for a day, spend a day at the beach, visit a few family members and head home joyfully fulfilled with memories of a great 1/2 freaking century of living....... awwww... I was so excited - and didn't mind being alone the entire day because I knew that we would have a riot in a month!!!! (:    (what a guy!) (: 
 Still haven't seen the day come - still waiting.... still waiting.... still waiting  - it's June   Kindly mentioned it - posted the card on the bathroom mirror - circled the date - cleared the day off at work.... nothing.  Not to be ungrateful - I enjoyed immensely that the kids came over and we had some great laughs which should have been enough - but the bait was set right out there before me in a contractual - birthday card!  RIGHT?  Still waiting.... kinda bitter about that one (betcha couldn't tell eh?).  So.............. today is HIS birthday.... and I enjoyed getting him a wonderful gift with the kids help..... I made Lasagna for his Father's Day/Birthday family dinner.... today I am taking him to a movie and dinner.... and kept all of my promises.  So even though it's birthday wishes day for the old man.... I am not really a nice person today.  I'm pulling out my Junior High Attitude and I am pouting and saying, "Wrong? Why there's nothing wrong dear"  Sometimes it just looks like everything is great - but inside - there was no happy 50th, and no Disneyland as promised.  But if anyone else is having a birthday today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and may all your WISHES come TRUE!  .... and I'll take a chill pill and get ready for the movie.  (I'll have a real Coke on the rocks today....) (WHY?)  Because I'm 50... any problems with that?  (I love when the evil twin comes out to play) I should have married his sister - her birthday is tomorrow!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARIN!!!!! (:  ..... but then - you live right next to Disneyland and you have season passes... and your 50th birthday was spent at Club 90 right inside of Disneyland..... because Keith - kept his promise!!!!  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!  happy day husband... kinda....

(well...... it IS my blog... I know right?)

3 comments:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Come on Daddio!! take her to Disneyland and the beach you turd! love you!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday "Mr. Hillary"!!

ashleydox said...

Dineyland! Dineyland!
Manicmounin!