Saturday, November 19, 2011

Things Grandmas Must Do When Visiting Grandchildren....

Well Hello There Seattle!
Lucky me - there was just enough frequent flyer miles to escape to Grandchildren Land and take up residency for a few days.  I was so excited I could hardly stand it.  I LOVE my grandkids, AND I got a bonus round because I LOVE MY SON and DAUGHTER IN LAW!!!  It was so much fun - here are some highlights (ok - now everyone take a seat on the couch and I'm going to take you through every single video from our trip to Tahiti and several other places that you will want to poke your eyes out when I'm done)   Ready?  Let's go!  (in a nutshell)
Meet your beautiful daughter in law and gkids at the airport, then
Meet your son and his kids at the Pier.

Look at all of the amazing flowers there (cabbage?)
Ride and/or kiss a big golden pig
Sample?
Crown a Princess.... (oh what a fair maiden!)
Giggle with a Guppie...
Visit a Wall of Chewed Gum...
literally... Doublemint anyone?
Have lunch with the bunch...
Watch your daughter in law be an absolutely amazing mother,
capturing the attention of her captive audience, including glow bug lantern.
Play in the backyard... Taxi?!
Figure out who will wear the right hat...
Brush up on your chalk skills....
Practice your Diva skills
Question.... a few things.... at play group.....
Make sure your son wears a sweater to work...
or full on protective gear...
Remind him that his mom has a bigger Harley....
Laugh your butt off at how he got out of his ticket....
Look closely - yep -that's Unlawful Picnicking.... instead of Negligent Driving...
FINALLY meet someone very special in your life
(Elizabeth - gosh I love ya)
Go to this amazing NorthwestTrek Wildlife place and see
AMAZING things like this....
Fear for your life on the tram because here is what is coming towards you...
yikes... this was the small one...
Finding a perfect place to twirl...
(I FREAKIN LOVE THIS PICTURE!!)
Finding something older that you are..
Hey - where's the mistletoe?
Being totally in awe at the beauty of this place...
Making sure that the animals didn't eat one of these...
Doing some serious painting projects...
Being safe at all times..... (I know you are laughing....)
Making cookies with mittens on.... duh - don't you?
SWING... a lot...

That's just a few of the things Grandma's do with the ever so amazing grandchildren of their lives!

I was able to meet Elizabeth - she tends my grandbabies a couple of times a week because their mom and dad are super smart and have amazing jobs.  We have Skyped, Facebooked, and e-mailed - but we finally were able to meet.  I LOVE this girl - she is kind and tender, and wonderful with the kids.  She even came over and visited me on the last night I was there (while mom and dad were on a date!)  It's fun to finally meet in person and to give her a big hug.

I have a million more pictures - I'll sneak them in on some blogs later.  I had a wonderful time - I cannot believe how beautiful the places were we went.  It was fun to throw them in the tub, dress them in their jammies and tuck them into their beds.  I stuck glow in the dark stars on their ceiling and they were so excited when the lights went out.  Matt and Bethany's home is so warm and sweet.  It is a home of love, and of life.  I was grateful to have the chance to stay with them and to enjoy some precious time with Big D and Little M.  I cried so hard the night before I left that I thought that the house would flood.  Big D said he would not go to sleep or close his eyes because I would disappear in the morning when he opened them... he almost made it.... I went into their rooms several times during that night - I held them tight, I kissed them a million times.  I reminded them that they are loved.  Thanks for a great time you bunch up North there!  I can't wait to see you again very very soon!




5 comments:

Jen said...

What a wonderful trip! So glad you got to go and see your family - fun to see your pictures at Pike's Place that is one of my favorite places in the WHOLE world! Did you get to see them throw the fish there?

Beee said...

I loved finally meeting you! Yea NANA! You are so awesome! I loved to watch you go find the twirling place.
That golden pig at Pikes is named Rachel and she is an ACTUAL piggy bank. Did you know that? okay, useless info that really doesn't matter. Getting your pic taken with her is important. I am guessing you did see them throw the fish, since Rachel is right by the main fish throwing stand.
So glad you were able to fill your grandkid love resevoir for the holiday season.

Joosten said...

What lucky grandkids to have an amazing grandma like you!! Looks like you had so much fun!

Stimpson Mom said...

Great times that I hope to replicate someday soon. (Or at least the Ama version thereof.) So glad you got to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh this post made me miss Washington!! I love it there. It truly is a beautiful place. I get tired of the grey days but when the sun shines there is no where prettier. I am glad you were able to do some site seeing too! How fun! I can't wait to go up there in a month!!