Saturday, February 23, 2013

Yikes... Matt is 29? He must have a young mom....

Hey Child on the Far Right....
Happy Birthday!
I posted on my Facebook post today that I'm not sure how you survived me being your mother.  You and I were pretty new at this thing yet we made it.  I've loved watching you over the years - the amazing way you've grown to be a man.  A good man.  Sometimes you'll do something that reminds me of your past - a thought, or a tease, or a look from those blue eyes.  In 29 years, you've not let me down.  Oh - ok - let's not get this impression that you were all perfect - you made your mistakes (soy sauce water balloon launching over the neighbors houses), and you should have died (Steve Thatcher's mom calling to see if we could get to the ER after you jumped your bike over the meridian).  There were those times.  But there were also times of amazement.  Playing your saxophone, playing your heart out, being the best roller hockey player out there, service projects at every opportunity, that blasted Eagle Scout, a tough Mission in a tough place, surviving a Masters at BYU, marrying that girl of your dreams (and ours) and becoming a dad.  That's a lot to do in 29 short years.  I can't wait to see what's next son.  I love you - the most - just don't tell the others. (:  If you tell them - I'll have to explain this picture to the world...
 
love it...
Thanks for choosing me to be your mom
and for taking care of my heart always.
Happy Birthday - you are loved.
xoxox Mom


No comments: