We had our family pictures taken this year at a wonderful spot, with wonderful weather, and all dressed to the 9's for the picture. But I cannot get a big picture of that moment because of some random issue that I'll just leave at that (grrrrr). But then this picture came along, and I've decided that even though Ryan and Del have their faces half cut off - it's actually the most beautiful picture to me in the world. Here are the loves of my life. Aren't they most excellent? I think so. This is the first dinner around a table at Matt and Bethany's new home. The table is set with little memories of our family... obviously, a McDonald's coke, obviously something that is in a beer shaped bottle but isn't beer..., mementos from a grandmother here and there, and food to absolutely die for. But it's what's around this table that is priceless and extremely important to me. When Del and I started our family 31 years ago - if we could have jumped forward to this picture and see what would be... we would have started 32 years ago instead.... or 33 or 34 or 35.... well - ok - we hadn't met yet but we would have still started then... We may not have many things in life - but we are rich in abundance of love and family... and even the families of those our children married into. Rich I say. There are secrets around this table too - some I will not utter... and some I will shout from the rooftops in due time. This will be our last dinner together like this for a while as we will lose 2 to California. Wait - we just got 5 here from Seattle, and now we're losing 2? Maybe we'll convince them to visit often to feast with us. This table holds great blessings - Mike is with us and we're not letting the Army take him again. We continually pray for Bethany's health and are amazed at her ability to be so strong and able to to all she needs to do. Everyone at this table is employed - and in this world that in itself is a blessing - and they are all hard workers. Around this table are blessings of the gospel - each one serving in different positions in the Church of Jesus Christ - yep - the Mormons. (I am one I know it I love it) (do you want to know too?) (we're available) Around this table are miracles... of lives spared, and loves strengthened, and hope in abundance. Around this table are the grandchildren that will be responsible for passing on this legacy - they are fiercely protected by all of us and are smothered with kisses every chance taken. The best times of our lives as a family have been spent around a table somewhere talking over each other, passing on stories of life, laughing. Joy, is around this table. As this year starts - it's important to build upon our relationships, to secure our faiths, to give back to this world, to love unconditionally. I'm pretty sure this particular family, that I love, and adore, and celebrate... is up for that task. 2015 - make it your best effort yet.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment