So - I slipped past the purse tagging from Bethany quietly. For those that know me I have the largest purse on earth and it is always full of anything but money. The bigger the purse over the years, the more stuff I found to put in it. Perhaps a visual... In the movie 'Because I Said So' Diane Keeton has a purse in which she has to find her ringing phone. After several scurryings through it, she just dumps it out - THERE - that's the visual. So - I'll just let your imagination work on the things that MIGHT be in my purse. (Besides, only certain people really know where my phone is kept...)
Then - she tagged me again. Since I am surrounded by only one book right now - none the likes of which has as big of words as Bethany's have, I will have to surrender to the literature on hand. (Now if you said magazines....that would be a different story!) She explains the rules as the following: First, grab the book closest to you. Next, open to page 123 and go to the 5th sentence. Then, post the text of the nest 3 sentences on your blog. Finally, name the book and the author. So here goes...
"The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." President Ezra Taft Benson
The book is Plain and Precious by Beppie Harrison - it's a daily thought book and I found it many years ago. I keep it by my computer because it is full of the things that your Mother might say to you on a really crappy day. Hopefully - the goodness in it will wear off on me someday and my human nature will take a turn for the better.
Now - there is that magazine - "It drags you out of bed on Saturday morning to train when every last one of your friends is still sleeping. It pounds away at you, demanding the most of out of every single workout, and beats you up inside when you fail to deliver your best. It's what separates you from the pack." (Bicycling magazine April 2008 advertisement for N.O.-XPLODE energy igniter and apparently the answer to the 'little voice inside of you'.)
I'm sure the Lord is right - I don't want to be 'of the world'. I'm too tired! None the less.... now, you've been tagged, and I need to go for a bike ride before I Xplode!
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment