Well, news from my Texas Informant Friend...
indicated that "Bashful transferred, and the Green
Giant stayed" Meaning - Elder Hillary packed up and
Elder Carter will remain in Horizon. News from the
underground indicated that the transferring Bashful was booking
it on over to another area in El Paso. (I LOVE my informant)
Other than the fact that after checking his debit card and it
actually has a total amount of $.74 (that's cents folks) I worry
that he had to have both flu shots, and then had enough for
one package of top ramen. Note to self...
"Start the Elder Hillary fund quickly"
Just a note on the Green Giant... (Elder Carter)
These two had some battles to work on personally and
each came fully prepared with their own personalities.
It proved to be a great lesson of compatibility,
and acceptance of personal attributes. It was a task
they actually took to heart and created a wonderful
friendship over time. But never ever did they battle
over their testimonies - they were strong with the Lord
and in the Lord's work. After being together for 2 transfers,
they found common ground, lots of laughs, and wonderful
reasons to rejoice with priceless baptisms.
We were able to learn about his wonderful talented
family and wow - are they amazing...
Thank you to the wonderful people of
Horizon City - especially the many families that made sure that
they were fed and loved and comforted. Special thanks to Elizabeth,
for giving her light and her joy and her heart to these two.
(And gallons and gallons of Ice Cream and toppings galore)
She is the reason Elder Hillary said, "Now I know why I'm here"
You'll find her on our family tree - she is loved very much by
our family - and always will be. Gila Valley Temple eh?!
Also special thanks to Lucy & Ronnie - your
washing machine and stove - are Elder Hillary's favorite
appliances - one provided wonderful food and the other,
cleaned up whatever food he spilled on his white shirt!
Thank you! (: I love all 4'9" of you) Gracias...
There was also a wonderful family that made sure
that every Friday night - they were welcomed
at their dinner table - some of which I cannot
mention their names - but please know of my great
appreciation to you in every way. (and I'll need those recipes...)
Mostly Elder Carter - thank you for your patience
and your love. I cannot wait to hear you sing one day.
Until then - stay strong - and keep on servin'!
You'll always be in my prayers. (All 6'5" of you!)
As for Elder Hillary.... we won't know until next Monday's
e-mail the exact place he's headed - There are many
places around El Paso that the 'word' is needed. I'm
looking forward to hearing about his new companion
and about their adventures that will take Elder Hillary
into the 1st year mark of his mission. I know he's
looking forward to many more miracles.
Drop him a line if you all feel like you
need to do a random act of kindness eh?
(Address is at the right!)
I love you son - I miss you beyond words.
I pray for you.
I talk to your picture.... it helps a tiny bit.
I feel your love back.
You are my Warrior...







No comments:
Post a Comment