Sunday, January 10, 2010

Would someone make the dead leave me alone?


I swear - you give them a minute of your time and they take an hour or two or three or four in return.  I noticed that I needed to back up my Family History names.  The new Family History Search program through the LDS church is an obsession that consumes my time lately.  So at 5 pm on Wednesday night I do a little looking around, and find few things that I needed to tweek and fix.  Next thing I know it's 11:30 PM and I have to be up in 3 hours for work - AAARRRRRGGGHH!  I HATE it when I do that!  They won't leave me alone - they keep tapping me on the shoulder and saying - um... well... what about my kids, and their Uncle Joe and Auntie Flo... and it goes on and on and on.  I keep wondering WHO LEFT THE PORT HOLE OPEN?  So, I make a deal with them - they have to help me stay awake during my 10 hour shift that is quickly coming upon me.  Freakishly enough - they do.... so don't think they only come out at night.  Just how many ancestors to I have to meet before I die?  Heaven only knows.... Don't worry Elaine - I'm going to dunk you like a Hot Potato - and Dan's going to watch.  (:

4 comments:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

BOB. you are amazing, though! You have such a gift!!!

Jen said...

I'm glad they won't leave you alone....you are awesome and they know it too!

pitbull said...

Just for the record, Nic, I'm already dunked.....and so are most of my "relativity". Or am I missing something?

Mommason Hillary said...

Oh Elaine, you are quick, very quick, and cute, very cute, and worried, very worried.... don't be - I have about 4,000 left in the 1600's. (: