This is one of my favorite pictures of Matt (and Bethany).
It lives on my fridge - a sacred place for pictures and offhand quotes.
It was taken the first week home from his mission.
It was the week that he asked this beautiful young lady to marry him.
It was the week that I knew that there would be another Mrs. Hillary!
It was the one we hoped and prayed he would marry!
I looked at this picture today and chose it to be his
HAPPY BIRTHDAY picture because, ok folks
Look at the JOY and LOVE in his eyes!
That's how you want to see your kids.
26 years ago - this guy wanted to be born in the front seat
of the old blue truck. He's always been anxious to
'get all he can get out of life' and he does that everyday.
When I was little I pretended what my kids would be like
when I played house. I said, "I will have 2 boys and 2 girls"
Little did I know that Matt would be the first of those boys.
We have been together the longest - but my love for my kids
is so immeasurable that you never know where my love for
one begins, or ends or flows to the next one.
I am proud of the person he is (funnier than heck)
I love how he married someone beautiful inside and out
(and tolorates us)
I love how he served the Lord (Taiwan)
I love how he continues to serve the Lord (Has a great testimony)
I love how he sustains life for his family (Masters from BYU - works hard at a great job)
I love that he LOVES his ANDY and LITTLE GIRL that will arrive soon.
I LOVE that he's a wild man on a motorcycle.
I love that he knows all the driving gestures -
AND that the bike is fast after he uses them.
I love that he tries new things, outrageous things - and succeeds.
I love that he fixes things - every manual is found on the internet right?
I love that he is a great leader in our family, he stands strong.
I love that he must have a gallon of chocolate milk
in the fridge at all times.
I love that he calls me right before he does donuts in the snow...
just to let me know.
I love - that he's honorable, and trustworthy, and good.
I love the fact that he will be my son forever, lucky me.
I don't love that he lives far away -(ok so you're not perfect (: )
I love that when I hear his voice - all the memories of
LIFE
come back to my mind and the sun shines once again.
Happy Birthday Matt - you are loved!
Moi Moi
Mommason
Bobby Shue
I'm thinkin' they're going to live
'Happily Ever After'



2 comments:
ahhh... thanks Moimoi for this sweet post! :) I love you!!
And we love that you shared him with our family!
Post a Comment