Today I miss my beautiful Emma.
I want to look into those blue eyes and
tell you the stories of our lives.
I want you to know of my love for you,
and that I am your grandma, by choice,
because I know I knew you in heaven.
I said, "I want that one Heavenly Father"
and he said - oh but she is a special one...
and I said, "I already know that".
Today I miss my handsome Andy.
When I talked to him early this morning he
asked me if he could have some juice.
(I'm 3 states away) I said, "I'll be right
there to make some for you!" Then he
waved goodbye to the phone to me.
I want to read you the, "There's a monster at
the end of this book" book - and use all of my
voices. Then I would use my Cookie Monster Voice
and we would make cookies. We would never bake
them though - because we would just eat the cookie dough.
I miss you today because we dress the same.
I always wear my shirt like this... it's a strange
genetic disorder we have. When I think of
you being the first Grandchild - I want YOU to
tell me the stories of who else is up there waiting
to come to earth. I want to know about Ashley
and Mike's kids, Mandy and Ryan's kids, and
actually - all about Ryan's cute wife here on earth and
their kids waiting in heaven. I know you know!
We always said that Uncle Ryan H came last to
the earth because he was the one that said - I'll wait,
just don't forget I'm here! I believe that heaven
wept when you came... because no one can make
the sound of a garbage truck like you can.
I love my grandkids,
those here,
and those to come.
Oh Happy Day...


4 comments:
Isn't it so hard to live away from family?!?!? I know what it's like to miss someone and not be able to go see them. I have to always cherish the times I do get to spend with parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, ect!!
I love the way you can put my feelings into your words.... love you, girlfriend!
Ditto to pretty much all of that. Did Bethany tell you that when she was using the microwave Andrew told her those were "Nana buttons" she was pushing? Evidence you were working hard in the kitchen when you were there! But he just looks for me in the furnace room. Does this mean something? I'm so glad you understand as much as I do how really cute those two kids are and how much I miss them.
Emma says "Aaaahhhhh! Ggggoo." Andrew says "My Nana go walk find Nana."
Post a Comment