Sunday, January 6, 2013

Yo to the Sunday night sit around thinking partae

It's a tragic moment in my life.  I've finally been able to open one of those Tri-flavored popcorn tins.  Next to it is a cold Pepsi.  A movie is in - and I'm under my covers with my socks on.  Could someone rescue me?  It's now the first weekend in January.  Yesterday was the day after I sent my little Grandkids back home to their home state.  I sent them off with kisses, and I love you's and little hearts that I drew on their hands.  They in return took my heart with them.  That meant that yesterday around our house was totally pathetic.  Moping and sulking.  It took me hours to put a simple Christmas Tree away.  I wrote my note to myself about the season and tucked it into the box to read to myself next year.  There were bits of styrophone from the village houses all about.  I found a deserted candy cane.  I looked at the stacks of Christmas music I promised myself I would play, but didn't - so I did, I started to play, and close my eyes and remember the room full of family.  I realize that I'm so incredibly blessed to have them all.  I opened my eyes and thought of the great things that will come my way this year.  A new grand baby, my mom getting funnier as she ages, the hysterical things that happen on my mission, plans for a garden again this summer, our first year as total empty nesters because our children have married the loves of their lives, and places to ride my bike.  Besides, the house always looks so much bigger when you put the tree away - I think it's because you are suppose to fill it with the prospects of a new year.  Today was a day of reflection for me.  I thought of the courage of my children, I thought of the sweet crush my parents have for each other.  I thought of all of the families that have a million kids... I have a brother - the best brother in the world.  Most people get to be married to doctors, lawyers or Indian Chiefs.... I have my own rocket scientist.  So tonight I'm tucking all of my memories in my pocket - and I threw in a few new ones to carry me through this next year.  Now, the toughest decision I have to make is, Buttered, Cheese or Caramel popcorn.....

1 comment:

Stimpson Mom said...

All I can say is those kids better have great circulation since they took home a couple of nana/ama hearts with them. (In my case, they left behind that virus they were battling. Something to remember them by, I suppose.)