Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Let's get this party started... 2013

You know - you just gotta post on the first day of the year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!
 
I wanted to thank the kind people that responded to my last post.  No one ever really reads my posts and I didn't expect the message to go so far.  Thank you to those that visited and left kind remarks.  I know that my daughter has a bazillion friends and she mentioned it on her facebook page.  That was pretty kind of her.  We received a call from our Mission President - they have extended our Mission, we received a call from our Homeless Friend... he was in tears over that news.  Just keep me from killing someone there, or getting killed and we'll all be fine.
.... on a lighter note...
 
 Our Christmas was actually celebrated on December 29th.  We are procrastinators sometimes... but it was important that my children be with their In-Laws this year - we are a trading off kind of family.  This would usually be hard for many people - except my children all have exceptionally wonderful In Laws and I know that there are wonderful memories being made when they are with them.  We started out by having family pictures - most times this would be pretty traumatic - but we found and old barn, and a fence post or two by the side of the road and Bethany sets up the tripod and we all say cheese.  Really like this years picture because it has EVERYONE in it!
oh wait - malfunction in Dropbox..... I'll fix this....
 
It was important to me that I have everyone in the picture because this year we added another beautiful Daughter-in-law, Katie.  This picture represents so much to me.  These are the loves of my life - the reasons for living - the purpose of my being.  There isn't enough space to post all of the feelings I have for these amazing human beings.  It was a joyful day.  Oh - did I forget a few pictures?  How about this one....
 and in case you needed further proof....
so... our next family picture will be in July.
 
Mike and Ashley have given so much to the world.  Mike has served in the Army since he was 18... 3 tours... being apart for all that time... trying to get little ones here have been difficult and sometimes tragic.  But this picture of life was proof that all things come in the Lord's time.  We are thrilled.  There were tears of joy - and of sorrow at this party.  We had a little one not make it this far in our family, due at the same time basically.  We all took a moment to make sure that our little one in heaven knew that it was loved, that it's Mother is courageous and loving, that it's Father was patient and understanding, that it's siblings knew that there will be another time for a little one to come soon.  How wonderful the mysteries of life are.  How compassionate a Loving Heavenly Father is.  How complete is the Plan of Salvation.  We understand that fully.  This little life that will come in July, will bring a sweet bit of love from the little cousin it will leave in Heavenly Father's loving arms.  Our family is growing, and we have one another to love, and new life gives new hope for us all.  To my beautiful Ashley... you have tried so hard, been so brave, and you now have the opportunity to know how I felt as I held you in my arms for the first time.  I think that's reason to celebrate.
 
2013... Bring it on...


No comments: