Monday, October 7, 2013

I love this picture of mom - free and beautiful.
She's in a rest home now - and I'm still not in touch with that choice.
My personal battle.
 
This week I went to see her and take care of the house and yard.  It was conference weekend and I wanted to just snuggle up with her and watch it.  I entered the area she's in and headed to her room.  I passed the big TV room and just by chance glanced in and there she was all alone glued to Conference.  In a place I call hell - this was her heaven.  It took her a minute to be aware that I was even standing there looking at her beautiful face - she was so into the words she was hearing.  This is a big room - and she was the only one with the desire to be in there.  Must say something about her abilities I say.  We laughed, had lunch, looked at blogs and pictures, walked around, and then I settled her back into a giant chair with a snugly blanket and set her up for the next session as I had to get over to the house.  How proud I am of my mother.  How angry I am inside. She has so much life left to live and it's cut off short.  I cannot fix what is happening to my mom - but I always feel that she deserved better than what she got in her kids.  Today I talk with them about just getting a little chair and a TV in her room, I can't seem to explain enough that she needs some familiar things around her.  Time just keeps ticking.
Mom just keeps slipping.
My heart just keeps breaking.
 
But how blessed I am to have a mother that knows her Savior.
He has not left her - she has not left him.
How faithful, how beautiful, how perfect.
Daddy must be so proud that she's his forever.
Her mind may be slipping,
but her heart never will.
 

1 comment:

Joosten said...

I so understand! Love you Nicole!!