Saturday, October 12, 2013

(thoughts about speaking in church about our mission)(and other painful things)(but not as many as speaking in church about our mission)

Talking in church.
Kind of makes me nervous for this to happen.
Reporting on our Mission tomorrow,
 as it has come to a close for us.
Difficult to leave.
Difficult to come home.
I could spend hours talking about it but
that would make everyone fall asleep.
I do have some funnies to share though.
Wrestling a skunk before church.
Testimony bearing in a beer tee shirt.
Meeting all the multiple personalities... at one time.
2.5 years of yet another day on I-15.
and teeth.   I miss teeth. (people with them)
 
I have some good things too though.
Diamonds found in the rough
Friends to last a lifetime
Humility - in abundance
and of course
Gods hand in all things.
(he's everywhere you know)
 
I would like to be able to say
that being the person called
to hand out hymn books at sacrament meeting,
sounds like the perfect job.
(hope the big guy hears my plea)
 
Can't wait to come home though,
driving 2.5 minutes to get to church,
vs.... an hour.
Almost as good as bacon.
 
My talk is written, it's like this....
Um... talk about the mission.
End.
It's going to be short and sweet.
I told the Bishop that he needed to
have Del talk first... then cut me loose.
I think he's thinking twice about not
signing those extension papers now.
Hope your Sunday tomorrow it a sweet one.
Hope there's a cup holder for my coke
on the pulpit.
We're home.


1 comment:

Jen said...

It was a wonderful talk and we are so glad that you fulfilled you mission and are back in our ward!

Jennifer Osborne