I swiped this picture from Drewy's mom from her blog because he was sleepin' when I called to visit him on his 6th month celebration.... gotta sleep.... still growin'! I love this little guy. He has defined 'priceless treasure' for me. I love that when I tend him he tightens his arm around my shoulder. When I make a tiny 'tweet' sound in his hear he knows it's from me. I love when he swings in the swing in the backyard he looks up at the windchimes and says, aaaahhhh. I love that he looks 1/2 like Matt and 1/2 like Bethany - best of both worlds. I love that he is loved so much by his Grandma & Grandpas on both sides and that we think he is the best thing to brag about at any given time. I love that I see heaven in his eyes when I sing to him - and that he doesn't cover his ears. I love that when he sleeps he looks like Matt did at that age and that it reminds me of how precious time is. I love that when I whisper to him, "Grow up and be a good boy and be kind to your parents" he listens. I love that he needs me, and then he needs green beans with rice cereal and then applesauce and his bottle, and then he needs me again. I love the soft part of the back of his neck - and I give him kisses there to tickle him. I love his cowlick at the top of his forehead and how all of his school pictures will make us giggle a little bit in the future. I love that he came first in his family - showing that he trusted his parents - and those that are still in heaven were wondering how he would do. Hopefully they come soon so we all can play with them too! I love that in spite of all of the challenges of parenting - Matt and Bethany said - this is what we want. I love that he exists - because of that the world is a better place. Love you Drew!
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


2 comments:
Well, finally a new picture of Drew! He is sooo darling - and growing up sooo fast. I told you that being a gramma was the best! We should go (the 4 of us) out to lunch someday and really WOW the patrons with our darling babies. I love to tease Mason by telling him to "look up", then kiss him under his chin....he falls for it every time! Keep the pictures coming - and remember, it only gets better. Love you, meemaw
He is so cute! That is an adorable picture. I think he needs an older buddy to hang out with -- namely Mason.
Post a Comment