Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!

Eat your heart out world - this is my son! Wait....Holy Freak you're 25? I'm not that old? I'm still of child bearing years - NOT! In the midst of the tests of the heart from this weekend - I am finding a new set of tears. Some happy ones for a son that 25 years ago left a beautiful place and became stuck with me as his mom.... tragic. Lucky for me though!


I just wanted to tell you Matt that you brighten up the world. In doing so - you provided another generation with a brighter world also. There are just not words to express how much I love you and how proud I am of you in every way. There is a kindness and joy that only you have. You have battled all odds and have been victorious. I see sacrifice, devotion, faith, love, and a beautiful family all because of your sweet heart and passionate desire to take care of those around you. You ARE my sunshine - you Utiawanianasingtonite. Happy day... you are loved. Skeletonz hates you, and Mory wants to go for a ride with treats.... I'll be waiting for Bethany to post the videos of you with only your shorts on, sitting in the high chair, eating YOUR cake with your hands.... dare ya, double dare ya, Mandy calls you out as a chicken if you don't....bawk bawk bawk..... get 'em Mandy! Wear your helmet... der der der der der.....

5 comments:

Joosten said...

I know you're not old enough to have a 25 year old son. Aren't you only 29?? How is the Missionary doing? He has been in our thoughts ever since I heard!! My cute nephew is going in the MTC Wednesday! It's going to be a hard day! If you get a minute, let me know how your Elder is doing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sherilyn, I want to know how your missionary is doing!

pitbull said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! I remember when you were just a young 'un.... and now you're a husband and father. Time flies.... but I still love you.

Matt Hillary said...

Thanks, Mom, for the awesome blog post!! I love you!

Stimpson Mom said...

And thanks for raising that great boy and sharing him with our family, too! Good luck with Ryan. We're praying for him!! (We feel like he's our missionary, too. Hope that's okay.)