So, right after that wonderful spiritual post, I'm adding my funny for the day. I approached Del this week and said - "Honey, for Mother's Day would you mind buying me some mulch for my flower beds? You don't even have to get me a card or anything - just 6 bags of mulch" I'm a little tight on money right now - so I thought I would at least try. He said that he would feel terrible just getting me that and, what would it look like, and how bad he would feel. But never-the-less we pulled into Lowes and he bought me my Mom's day dream gift. Today in church a friend of mine said - "Did you see what I got for Mother's Day?" (Back up a bit and remember that I just taught a gardening class and I had encouraged people to plant their gardens and to start with good soil) Sheryl said, "He bought me a bag of dirt!" I started laughing until I cried - I told her that I received mulch! She said - mulch? That's nothing I got a bag of dirt I'm so excited! And she seriously was, and I seriously was excited about my mulch! Needless to day a couple of old dirt bag ladies, were thrilled with their gifts and with their husbands who 'dared to be different to make sure their wives were happy' on Mother's Day. Get down, get dirty... or mulchy if you wish... Thanks Del and Tracy - you are real men in our books!
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


1 comment:
Ok this is so funny that I have to add....I got a bunch of ROCKS for Mother's Day! We are tearing out our parkstrip so Tim bought me the rocks to go in there! I love those kind of gifts!
Post a Comment