THE 4TH
So Family tradition is written in stone that we go to the parade in Sandy (seriously the most pathetic parade ever... political and commercial and queens that possibly should have shaved their pits before waving like that....) and we usually spent the time during the parade to play with grandkids and catch candy. Or better yet - buy our own and just eat it and pretend we caught it. Because picking it up off of the road and eating it is... well... SO needless to say when I say FAMILY - that means that my son Matt and his wife Bethany bring our cuter than anyone's else's grandchildren to Utah from their home far away. It also means that the most amazing Auntie to my children - Aunt Karin (and usually Uncle Keith but he was tending their new puppy Murphy at home in California) SO you see it really doesn't matter WHAT we do - it WHO we do it with - and I love that part of the day. We missed BEYOND WORDS - Elder Hillary and Mike - who is serving his 3rd tour for our country. Every flag, was for him, every honor that day - was for him. Next year -they will be in charge of getting snow cones for all of us.... The partae begins...
Parade? Who cares - this one stole the show...
... and well this one... eat your heart out!
my beautiful Emma
best seat in the house...
Del's sister Karin - and second mom to all of my kids.
(I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!)
... again ... eat your heart out...
The 4th crew - Andy, Matt, Del, Bethany, Emma, Ashley, Karin
Ryan, Mandy and Bob
Back to Jordan High School's hill to cook up burgers,
and torch some sparklers that Ashley found...
Pretty sure they had Wyoming stamped on them....
Finished off by watching the fireworks - which
were basically watered down as of late... and
folks - I"M TIRED OF NEIL DIAMOND!!! (:
But I loved my kids....
Next morning - breakfast and off to play while we can
have our grandkids here. We are always so excited
when we get to have them. That night - we pulled out
the firepit and did our best to torch the grass in the backyard.
and the next day they had to leave - and my
sparklers... dimmed. But I am grateful for little
smudges here and there, and pictures like this.
Emma felt the same way..
The End.
THE 24th OF JULY
SO excited that we have some uber famous pioneers in our family. Previously posted my genetic make up and I'm seriously wondering how I ever came from such great stock. Must have been a mutant gene. Never the less - Del and I started the day with a 35 mile ride to Immigration Canyon - where the Pioneers entered and said, "WTFREAK? THIS is the PLACE?" I'm pretty sure it went that way. About then we passed Hogle Zoo and I could hear the wild turkeys - I told Del those were his ancestors...
From there we went and jumped on our Harley's and headed off to Ashley's home - where we tilled and raked yet again - in her backyard... no Mike we are NOT posting pictures yet... sucka... but it's coming along nicely and it's about time to call in the boy scouts to haul sod. * On a serious note here folks - please don't tell people - let me know if I can help you... just freaking show up and do it!!!!!!!!!!! (HELLO PEOPLE) Squirrel...
We ran home and showered off the day's water supply, applied some Old Spice deodorant and headed off to the Salt Lake Bee's game (compliments of my ever so wonderful friend that I will never call again and just ask where to call and get tickets and she says - no problem, my amazing husband will have 6 tickets waiting for you in will call - have fun........) (thank you ever so much) So we brought our blankets and umbrella ella ella's and our black fingernail polish... long story... and some card games... of which none of us had any money to play poker with. But we did get some great pictures...
We were seriously the best section for the 'Wave',
sang, "Take me out to the ball game"
and had a great time making fun of the lady singing,
because her lips did not match what she was singing.
AND... if you don't have Teva's you can't sit with us ok?
AND... if you don't have Teva's you can't sit with us ok?
Afterwards - we were escorted to the field... like right
ON the field and witnessed Fireworks on CRACK - I've
never seen anything like it in my LIFE - Sandy City - you
need to take a lesson from Larry H. Miller!!!
Quote of the night?
THAT WAS A TOP NIGHT!!! name that movie...
Quote of the night?
THAT WAS A TOP NIGHT!!! name that movie...
Enjoyed the day - love my kids - cherish my heritage.
When's Labor Day?
* separate post on "Training Wheels" occured
after tilling and raking and tilling and raking and
"so it's ONE TWO THREE strikes your out..."


2 comments:
ahhh glad you guys sat in left field ..... so worth it to see the fireworks on the field, huh??! wasn't the grass so nice out there!?
Who says mine aren't "perky"? My little sissy tells no lies....
Post a Comment