Monday, December 13, 2010

Last born....is 21 OMGOSH (I had him when I was 12)

Well - this isn't a very good Happy Birthday picture - but I need to remind myself what a miracle he continues to be.  A month before he was to leave to go to Mexico - his lung collapsed.  I never dreamed he would serve.  But serve he has.  I posted this picture because - even only after 2 months of being out on a mission - he'd grown up.  Today - he turns 21.  More mature than ever, in fact - almost able to jump tall buildings... depends on who is chasing him at the time.  This is my youngest - my babe.  He is the one that made sure that everyone came to earth safely before he took his turn.  Although all of my children are strong - willed, spirited, and purpose embedded into their hearts.... this one is tender.  His soul is different.  For his birthday - he gets to return home from his well served mission - his dream - completed.  It seems that he didn't need that part of his lung to keep going - just a huge heart.  Today I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Son... you have brought joy, you bring joy, and you will continue to share joy in our family.  So many dreams ready to happen for you - and for your hard work.  Will it be easy?  Heck no... it's life - life is tough.  But to stand at this door of being 21, home from a mission, school waiting to start, and a solid testimony of the gospel... it's all the makings of an 'Oh Happy Day'.  Now git yer cute little fanny butt home and let me pinch you.  Gosh - we're lovin' ya Ryan!  Happy Birthday - 21 - legal - in most all states... sweet.

3 comments:

pitbull said...

Happy, happy birthday, Ryan! Can't wait to see you...hugs and kisses

Jill said...

seriously, you need to stop making me cry every time i read your blog! Happy birthday cute Ryan! I remember him when he was just a wee one. Loves, Jill

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! And to think you had him when you were 11 not 12 :)