Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Good and Bad of this Day... rantings of a tired old lady part 13. (I'm pretty sure there are at least 12 previous ranting posts)

Dang it - I'm in a funk.  I'm looking at that half full - half empty glass and I'm just not snapping out of it!  I don't know for sure but several things are packed in my 'monkey on my back' backpack and I'm just draggin' them around with me.... Is there a drop off for some of these things???

1.  Brought everything I could up from the basement (yeah I've started the project!)... only to find that behind the boxes that were down there - was a broken pipe.  Good:  because it could have been a nightmare, Bad:  it postpones the mess being removed from the TV room.  (I'm now a candidate for Hoarders)

2.  One of my missionary families had their home torched in a fire - now they are randomly disbursed around the valley and I have NO IDEA how to fix this mess!  Good:  because they need to clear out the bedbugs (?) (yerp), Bad:  because now they will be lost to the next ward who will never love them as I do.  (I'm now on the "you didn't fix it" list, and  Hoarder)

3.  I'm SO TIRED of missing my workouts that distress me and having to end up going to the gym at 8 PM - YIKES - I should be at the kitchen counter eating cookies at 8PM not shaking my Zumba bum!  Then I head into Yoga where I'm perfectly aware that my chin can never touch my knees.  Good:  I did do a killer tree tonight - kind of a weeping willow tree - but never the less a tree pose), Bad:  I will not walk tomorrow.  (I'm now a "limping, you didn't fix it, Hoarder"

4.  I'm just kinda of in a ticked off mood tonight.  I registered for my favorite cycling event and then I had to read about all of the sissy wa-wa's that didn't make it in!  Ok sisters of the cycling hood - you KNEW when it was, you KNEW the time to crash the web with your requests, and you KNEW that of the 10,000 women that tried to get a spot that only 3500 would get one!  Good:  yet another year with Ashley as I watch her fly by me and laugh (no bees in your shirt this year ok?)  Bad:  Is there another 100 miles in this poor body?  (I'm now a "complaining, limping, you didn't fix it, hoarder....)

5.  Most of all - I just wanted a Coke from McDonalds - I counted my change from under the seat of the car and in the ash tray.  Ok - so it was 6 am - but it was the Coke to last all day Coke.  Make it to work on time (awesome) and my first drink of this soothing drink of death - was interrupted by the fact that it was indeed, a Diet Coke....  It was a simple request, a desperate moment, and I realized that I have no coping skills anymore.  Good:  I have room to improve on my skills, and had less caloric intake, Bad:  I actually drake that awful ewish.  (I'm now an ewish, complaining, limping, you didnt' fix it, hoarder....)

6.  My mom called and said she wanted to go to the rest home and bring dad home to take care of him.  This was the last straw.  This broke me.  I wish more than life itself that someone loved me that much that they would want to bring what was left of me home and love me like that.  I have no problems, I have no complaints, I have no room to whine.    Good:  The Lord works his magic on me in the strangest ways.  Bad:  I need to be reminded way to excessively that I need to be a better Daughter of God.

Tomorrows Goals:  Serve better, clean faster, drink less (maybe I'll have to think about that one) Love more, complain less, be kinder to my soul - be a better neighbor, find my missionary family, trust the Lord more on lessons I need to learn, talk to each of my children, tell them that they are loved.  and.... I'm going to try to be a more grateful Hoarder.....

2 comments:

pitbull said...

Sounds like you need to meet me at 5 Guys for dinner.... let me know, I'll buy! HUGS, your bestie

Beee said...

oh now I feel bad that I bought you a diet something or other. . . so so sorry! I just can't drink the full sugar stuff anymore and I couldn't remember if you were a coke or pepsi girl. *sigh* I am unfortunately one of those people that does NOT want to be taken care of at home and would rather be in a home than be a burden on others. You are loved, sista