Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Love Drewbug, a Bushel and a Peck....

I think that as much as I loved being a 'mom' in my life - I always had this desire to be a 'Grandma'.  It would mean that I would then be old, and in a rocking chair with doilies on the arms of the chair.  I might smell like Vicks vapor rub, and wear my glasses down on my nose.  I might have my knee high nylons rolled just below my knee caps and I might doze as I was watching my grandkids.  Ok... so that's not happening.  I'm Nana - to this little guy, Andrew's Nana.  Today celebrates 4 years of becoming a Nana, and for the amazing arrival of this little boy in the lives of the Hillary and Stimpson families.  Oh what joy this child brought - a bit of heaven, and a touch of... well... his dad.  He changed our lives. and brought our two families into a close knit devotion to this child.  Never the less - my life will never be the same after laying eyes on the first of hopefully many many more grandchildren.  I had forgotten how small they are, how fun they could be, how sweet and also a bit sour smelling they can be - when they just arrive from heaven.  Andrew has been a delight to watch grow up.  Just a sweetheart - then jumps right into being a pill... and I love every single cell of this child.  His expressions and his curiosity and his energy are second to none.  I am blessed beyond belief with this first of 3 or maybe more.... one never knows what's baking in an oven somewhere... grandchildren.  Drew - I hope I never let you down - I pray that I can leave you with a memory or two now and then.  I'm expecting great things from you.  I believe you will change the world one Lego at a time.  Stay close to Heavenly Father, always be a Sunbeam for him, and be a good son and brother.  Lucky me, I have you.  I think of you every day, and I hope to be able to experience life with you as you venture out in the wonderful world of being 4.  Happy Birthday little one - I love you, a bushel and a peck... and about a million hugs around the neck.  Love always, Nana..... xoxoxoxoxxoox

2 comments:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

We all sure love that Andrew. He was the beginning of so much fun - and the fun continues, doesn't it? :)

Bethany said...

Emma says "Wheeee!" when seeing that picture. Thanks for the sweet tribute :)