Sunday, September 2, 2012

The long and winding road - thank you Beatles

There is so much to catch up on - so many pictures, and moments and memories.  I am overwhelmed.  I have so many things I want to post about the past month but I feel that I will not be able to fit it all in.  I want to tell the world of the fun, amazing things - but I have had to make a choice and post fewer pictures, a bit of a story here and there and keep somethings to my private world.  I wondered how to start all of this.  Julie Andrews said, "Let's start at the very beginning, it's a very good place to start".  But as Del is currently into his man flick Gladiator... I keep hearing... "I will die, but not today"   So between Russel Crow and Julie Andrew's I've decided to a) Start and b) not today (on everything).  Next to me on the desk is a Picture CD full of over 300 pictures.  My ADD attention span with a 0 on the scale of 0 - 10 (10 being fully rested) adds up to some pretty crazy brain waves.  So as I start this simple, cutback version, with pictures and bigger stories to come, I decided to start my blogging rampage with Gratitude... wha?  really?  yep - because there is no finer thing in life to have than the recognition of the full on Hand of the Lord in ALL things that had to happen, needed to happen, and did happen.  So I think if I start here - you'll get a sense of the miracle of the month of August in my eyes.
 
Internships, driving the car back and forth to California again and again and again, Katie finishing Spring Semester, e-mails with cute Dianne late at night over plans, finding a place to feed 45 tired, hungry people in a place we've never been, loading up the car, reloading up the truck, driving, and driving... oh look the Salt Flats!, Wendover, Elko (look the same to me), GPS system, (remember to have the man talk next time and not the woman), Finding diesel... almost like finding Nemo, finding the hotel, finding ice at the hotel, sleeeeeping, meeting The Lowrey Family (and instantly loving the entire bunch of them), having Katie's puppy lick my legs?, watching 100 lbs of Tri Tip Steaks being cooked on an outside grill, having tacos with Ryan at his last supper, making Ryan stay with us the night before the wedding and having that last moment of telling him how proud we were of him, and how we loved him so much, and loved Katie, the drive to the temple and not swearing at the traffic (big deal here folks), arriving to see everyone all festive, and happy and there alive, seeing Katie and Ryan walking into the temple with her wedding dress held high, meeting Elizabeth (: for the first time (:, Seeing my brother, 2 nieces and my 83 year old Mother arrive, and cry over that a lot, seeing California family that traveled to be there, walking into the temple as a family, walking in with Ashley..., walking into a room where my entire family sat for the first time on this earth, in a sealing room at our last wedding of the 4, being in that room with my husband, watching the tears from a sweet father of a beautiful bride, and the mother of the bride holding her breath, seeing them walk in hand in hand, seeing Ryan see Elizabeth, watching them kneel at the alter, listening to the make promises for eternity, witnessing the kiss (or two), greeting Mr and Mrs Hillary outside the temple, realizing the magnitude of the Oakland Temple and the views, and the beauty of the grounds, laughing through pictures, and realizing that everyone was hungry and we had the answer, eating at the most perfect place ever, enjoying a cool, elegant place to celebrate with our loved ones, resting, hugging the chef that made it so special, thanking the miracle of being able to host such an event, recognizing the blessings of faith, heading off to a magnificent reception, enjoying meeting the Best of the Best of Morgan Hill folks, and loving that their hearts are so kind and generous, hearing the stories of the Lowry Family, realizing yet again that Katie is a gift to our family, looking over at my son and seeing a smile that I've waited years to see and there it was - big as life, watching a first dance, a father's good bye, a hug from a mother, and a car decorated.... Just Married....   Gratitude... it comes in many many ways in my life, this is only part of the blessings poured down from heaven for our family.... as always I must tell my Heavenly Father that I know he blessed this occasion, there is no other explanation, no man made way it could have happened.  I know you love me.
 


     



No comments: