Monday, November 12, 2012

I'll take a slice of that....

I live next door to an amazing family - actually I'm surrounded by wonderful families on my entire street.  My newest neighbors are a Dad and his 4 children.  His wife - a dear sweet friend of mine, passed away just over a year or so.  These children are so beautiful - they have brought life back to our street.  There are 3 boys and one girl.  Recently, this little girl posted a note on the light post between our houses.  I thought it was one of those "need a job" or "babysitting" or the "I'm selling" postings.  But to my surprise as I looked closer realized how beautiful this child really is, and how tender her heart is.  Here is what it said:
what would you have taken?
I chose to take UNDERSTANDING... I taped it to the inside of my front door so I could see it everyday.  'Beauty' interesting enough - was the last strip left.  I watched as people walking by stopped and read the note and smiled from ear to ear.  I though how wonderful this was - how innocent - and how powerful.  Grown people even took a strip, and they tucked it in their pockets and you could just see the affects of this little act of kindness.  I know that her mother is looking down on her from heaven and she's smiling.  It's exactly what she did when she was a little girl.  In my calling I have so many people 'needing' someone to do things for them instead of reaching out and accepting new challenges on their own - and believing in themselves.  I think I might put one of these up outside our Bishop's office...
 
Thanksgiving, is such a reflective time of the year for me.  I don't take one day and make it my thankful day... Each morning is the dawn of a new opportunity to be grateful.  Sometimes it's the tiniest thing, the next day it's something enormous - but everyday it's something.
Take what you need... pass on the rest to others...let me know how it goes....