Saturday, December 15, 2012

Bearing children at the age of 12 - and other myths.

I never thought the day would come that I could look at my kids as adults.  I just knew that I would kill them before then - either over grades, curfew, or my cooking.  Mandy and Ryan share the same birthday week - and no - I did not allow Christmas wrapping on their Birthday gifts.  It's been a riot watching them grow up and become these two really amazing people.  Mandy is married to a Ryan, making it quite confusing at times, and she's the mom of the man child we love to bits.  Ryan, MY Ryan just married his sweetheart Katie and they are working hard on their college degrees.  I just looked at these smiles and melted.  Aren't they wonderful?  Actually the picture I didn't show was the gang signs they were flashing.... so please don't buy into the perfect child thoughts.  We all arrived at Noodles with our FREE NOODLES BIRTHDAY coupons - and we feasted upon the goodness. Mike and Ashley, Katie and I joined the partae and we just sat around and laughed.... a lot.... at these two.  I love being their mom - I love that deep down inside my twisted thoughts - I have memories that can keep these two my humble servants forever.  I also am pretty happy about the amount of love and support they give me.  Just wanted to send out a shout out for their Birthday - Mandy - a quarter of a century, and my baby Ryan is 23.  Yes - if you do the math - I had them when I was 12.  Ok - I admit - although being together for the birthday people in my life - the best thing about the day was this...
Mac n Cheese and the boss - a delicious combination.
 
OH HAPPY DAY MANDY AND RYAN!

No comments: