Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Beautiful Daughter-in-law...


You know, not a lot of people can say that about their daughter-in-laws, but I get to say that Bethany is beautiful inside and out. I never thought anyone could love my son as much as I do - but then he found the sweetheart of his dreams. Today is your birthday Bethany - and although the Queen Mum claims you as hers - I know that my heart has staked a claim on you also. You are a gift to our family in every way. I am so grateful that you are the mother of our grandchild and there is no doubt in my mind that someone special is in there (excited to come out and call me Grandma)! I am also proud that a little bit of the Hillary's have rubbed off on you. You now slip and say 'crap' sometimes - an absolute no-no at your parents house (but I will never ever tell). You have a great arm in throwing as you nailed Ashley with a dinner roll to her forehead at a family dinner. (I'm sure it was a strike, right over the plate and would have been a home run if hit...shocked her and all of us right into hysterics!) Mostly you make the smile on Matt's face brighter ever single day you are together. I prayed for you - and he really came through in a wonderful way. Happy Birthday - we all love you so much. (....ok, we kinda like you too Mae)(...and Mori, we love Mori too...)
(...and you know just to round it up - we are kinda crazy about those Stimpson folks too.)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks Mom! It's sure been a fun family to join--always a lot to laugh about when we get together! Matt got me some games for my birthday, so we'll have to have a Scrabble tournament next family dinner.

Katrina said...

Nicole that was very sweet! That's my sister. :) I'm very proud of that fact. haha!