Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Andrew's Big Day

There are birthdays and anniversary's and holidays that come around every year whether you want them to or not. But you only bless and name a child once. Matt did it up right on Sunday as he presented his and Bethany's son - and my beautiful grandson to be given his name and a blessing. Short and sweet and right to the point - Matt set Andrew up with some wonderful things to live up to. One thing I remember through the tears was that he prayed that Andrew would have patience with his parents. I hope he has patience with his Grandma Hillary! Andrew was blessed in the same outfit that Matthew was blessed in 24 years ago! Andrew didn't seem to mind. Great Grandma June Bowen bought the outfit, and Great Great Grandma Elsie Bowen bought the little shoes. I appreciated so much the sentimental sweetness of using the same outfit. I know that there is a God - for he sent down a little sweet spirit to teach me more about him. How lucky you are to have such amazing parents - you are going to have so much fun with them - they will never lead you astray so follow them closely. You'll learn many wonderful things from your Grandma and Grandpa Stimpson also - they are strong in the Disney force! (: I love you Andy, and Grandpa Hillary does - and so does everyone else. (You are so dang freakin' cute!) Always love and listen to your parents - when you turn 18 - you'll realize that they really were right about everything! (Picture quietly swiped from The Royal Hillary's blog spot - I will repent for stealing at a later date - too tempting - too cute of a picture!)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hey that's my cute baby! Thanks for throwing such a great party afterwards, too.