Friday, April 25, 2008

OH BABY BABY BABY



Yes - as of April 22, 2008 this lovely couple has been married for 25 years. We have actually liked each other a couple of those years! Can you just feel the love here? I must have over a thousand pictures of our family but I only have about 2 of Del and I. One on the day we were married - and this one - still in shock that we are still married! Fortunately for us - our genetic disorder will be passed on and on and on over the years. You can almost start seeing it now in our 4 children! Look carefully the next time you look in the mirror kids - yep - there it is! Del surprised me with a new bike so that the #@%* level will not be too high on our next century ride. I surprised Del with a much more 'less expensive' gift and took him to 'The Roof' for dinner where we each visited the buffet several times - hey - we plan on doing it for our 50th with our artificial hips and knees! Needless to say - there was a reason we hitched up - and we both know it was.... um... honey.... what did we decide on? Oh Ya LOVE! He's still as hot as ever and I love him like crazy. From this odd couple we have had the honor of having 3 children and then Mandy. Ooops - I mean we've had 4 children, Matt, Ashley, Mandy and Ryan. Lucky us - and now we have 3 in law children that we love, Michael, Bethany and Ryan (I'll squeeze Mikenzie in here too) - and to put frosting on the cake we have one grandchild that we are CRAZY about, ANDREW! I think we should have had the grandchild first! Ok - Del and I are off to hold hands in a movie, have a sweet dinner, and you guessed it.... desert. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart! By the way - Mandy would like me to mention that she is the favorite child because she was the only one that actually said "Happy Freakin' Anniversary" to us - I'm assuming that the cards are in the mail kids right?

5 comments:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

now wait just a gosh darn minute!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, "Happy Freakin' Anniversary, you two". That's coming from a happy freakin' couple who have been married 31 years now. Life is good. Love, elaine and rich

Matt Hillary said...

Yeah!!!! HAPPY FREAKIN' ANNIVERSARY!!! You two look excellent in that picture! :) Dem's meesa parents! Love you both.

Betsy B said...

Hey, hey, hey! So far so good,eh! You should send that picture to Grandma June... just for fun... I think she'd like it...

Betsy B said...

Hey! You close your eyes for pictures, too! It must be a family thing!