Thursday, April 10, 2008

Call me before you put it out...


Ok - the Sandy, Utah ritual has begun as of this morning! We have our bi-yearly put your junk out on the sidewalk for the big trucks to come and pick it up - that is, if they have anything LEFT to pick up. This morning at 3:30 AM on my way to work - there it was - the massive pile of goodies someone has deemed 'junk'. By the time my shift was over 8 hours later - nothing but the leftover nails and leaves remained. Totally stripped down in no time. I was furious! I wanted to browse! Who do these people think they are not calling me before they put it out? I do most of my shopping there - it's free shipping - and almost humiliation free! My mom even calls from Mendon, Utah in Cache Valley to ask when the street shopping will begin - I must remember to call her! So this request is for my friends that actually have cute things in their homes that they would really love to keep but really belong in my house - it's time to put it out on the side of the road- but for heavens sake - CALL ME FIRST! Happy shopping day! (By the way - the sale ends April 21st or whenever the trucks show up...) Rummaging Rummaging through the streets - Christmas Bells are ringing - and couches, and boxes, and strange gnomes with broken ears, and, and, and.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I feel the same way, Nic. No sooner does all the good stuff get put out than it all mysteriously gets taken away. One should not hesitate, for he who hesitates misses out on all the good junk. I guess it doesn't matter that this is all illegal, unless you are lucky enough to avoid the Sandy City Semi-Yearly Clean-Up scavenger police. However, I do have a solution for you, Nic. Feel free to come look through my garage - I think we might still have a "nun" and a "friar" in there ! I'm sure they'd love a new home in Mendon. Happy illegal scavanger-ing.

Anonymous said...

Oops.... I thought you said "Call before you put out". I was ready to phone you before Elaine stopped me.

Mandy said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind, I've been browsing thru, not your junk on the side of the road, but your blog...I am Mandy, David's Sister-In-Law...you are absolutely Hilarious! Thanks for the good laughs!!!

Gus Finley said...

hybjg... oops that's the word verification thing. I think hitting the streets before the garage sale is a great money saving tip. We got a free couch that way!!