
After 3 years of AP this and AP that - Ryan graduated from Jordan High School today. The day was perfect - the whole family and even Grandma Bowen was there. It was a little bit harder day for me personally because it is an end of an era. My last child leaving Jordan High. There have been many memories that will always make me smile. Well - except for the attendance office ladies - may they grow warts. But back to the day. It was held at the South Towne Expo Center - we were seated right behind the graduates and had perfect seats to watch Ryan walk in - and walk on the stage to get his diploma. It was a special year for the graduates as it was the 100th graduating class from Jordan High. They wore a special medallion given to them this morning honoring them. They are beautiful and one of a kind. Ryan was full of smiles because his sisters and his brother were there - he felt pretty honored. I feel it such an honor to have a son like Ryan. He has a Warrior's Spirit and he has proved to be an incredible human being. He brought home his final grades and he didn't let up a bit pulling in another 4.0, can't argue with that a

s a parent. Ryan is looking forward to college this fall - he's been accepted at BYU and will attend for a semester and then leave for 2 years on a mission for the church. My heart will break - but that's what we promised the Lord we would do if he gave us strong healthy children. I looked at my previous graduates and I loved their futures. Matt and Bethany receive their Master Degrees in April from BYU - Ashley is next with her Masters from the U of U next fall, Mandy and Ryan (Merriman) are next with their Bachelors in a couple of years and then Ryan is off to Law School. I am thrilled with their choices and the people they have become. They are funny, kind, serve right and left, love Mexican food (an important factor), and succeed because they put their heart and soul into all that they do. Michael cont

inues to train new soldiers daily and will leave for California to train them there for 6 weeks, and Ryan's sweetheart Mikenzie has just finished up her first year at BYU. All in all - Del and I feel truly blessed - and know we made the right choices to be the meanest parents ever. Del treated the whole family to a wonderful lunch at La Costa and we all visited and laughed and gathered in some memories. Ryan, thank you for this day - it's one for the scrapbooks - and one for my heart always. Your family is very proud of you and can't wait to see the great things coming your way because of the great choices you have made. I love you! Mom
2 comments:
Ryan, we are so proud of you! It was a blessing to be there and see you graduate. You're going to do so well in life. Congratulations!
Yep, that's my sweetheart! I am so proud of you Ryan! I love you Ryan, and I always will.
Post a Comment