
Ok - so I have loved the comments on my "......and you're hiding in a ditch" post - who knew that we would all have such wonderful memories. I have to admit I am pretty far fetched about the correct words and so I went the the Original Primary Witch herself - my 'Mummy'. She sent me the words and the sheet music - all taped together and sealed with a kiss. So for my favorite blog stalkers (and thank you by the way for joining me!) here are the correct lyrics - Happy Haunting! BTW Gin - you were right - 3 verses! (Make sure you go up and down the scale on the last witch!!!) (You go girl!) It was written and composed by Cora and Ralph Sheffield. (I believe their bodies were found hiding in a ditch)
When you're all alone in the country, and the night is dark as pitch.
Just be bold, 'cause you've been told, There's no such thing as a witch!
When the noisy wind is howling, and your ears are all a twitch,
laugh Ho, Ho, because you know, There's no such thing as a witch!
Skeletons and goblins are only make believe,
Folks dress up in costumes, Just try to scare you ---- ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo.
When you hear the thunder and lightning, and you're hiding in a ditch.
Don't cry out, without a doubt, There's No such thing as a wiiiitttcccchhh!
Just be bold, 'cause you've been told, There's no such thing as a witch!
When the noisy wind is howling, and your ears are all a twitch,
laugh Ho, Ho, because you know, There's no such thing as a witch!
Skeletons and goblins are only make believe,
Folks dress up in costumes, Just try to scare you ---- ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo.
When you hear the thunder and lightning, and you're hiding in a ditch.
Don't cry out, without a doubt, There's No such thing as a wiiiitttcccchhh!
My mom said, "Don't you remember Nic, it was on Poster # 106! My mom's treasured posters still live on and on - under the couch.... Thanks for asking about the song - it meant a lot to me! Here's a real oldie - if you remember this one - you must be cryptic! EEEEEEKKKKKK!
Halloween
by Rinda Rowley Willson
Witches sailing thro' the sky, On their broomsticks way up high,
Black cats howl as they go by, For this is Halloween...
Jack-o-lanterns, big and round, On each gatepost can be found,
Ghosts and goblins all around, For this is Halloween.
OOOOOOOO This is Halloween
OOOOOOOO This is Halloween
Let us borrow an old sheet, Make a costume nice and neat,
And go walking down the street, For this is Halloween.
To the windows we will creep, with our ugly faces peep,
Scare the folks who're half asleep, For this is Halloween.
OOOOOOOOO This is Halloween
OOOOOOOOO This is Halloween
by Rinda Rowley Willson
Witches sailing thro' the sky, On their broomsticks way up high,
Black cats howl as they go by, For this is Halloween...
Jack-o-lanterns, big and round, On each gatepost can be found,
Ghosts and goblins all around, For this is Halloween.
OOOOOOOO This is Halloween
OOOOOOOO This is Halloween
Let us borrow an old sheet, Make a costume nice and neat,
And go walking down the street, For this is Halloween.
To the windows we will creep, with our ugly faces peep,
Scare the folks who're half asleep, For this is Halloween.
OOOOOOOOO This is Halloween
OOOOOOOOO This is Halloween
(I wouldn't suggest actually DOING the last song as you might need me to come and post your bail after you and your family have been arrested) Thanks for your fun interest - it warms my cold heart.... bbeeep bbeeep


4 comments:
YAY!! Thanks for letting me know that you were posting more words. My mom sent out a request to our family asking for help. My dad sent her a link to your blog before you posted more words.
Funny thing - my mom has been teaching my girls the "Witches sailing through the sky" song also. She says she must be cryptic.
Bonus round just for Posters (cryptic ones):
I'm a mean old witch with a hat!
And I ride on a broom with my cat!
And my shoes are pointed and my chin is, too;
and you better watch out.....
or I might scare you....
I'm a mean old witch with a hat!
BOO!
Carolee Curtis Green
(to be sang mischievously)
Thanks for the words to this song!! We came up with several of the words but got them all mixed up.
I found all my primary song music, but this was not in there.
Thanks to your "mummy".
I am related to Gin and I love this song. My mom sang it to me and now sings it to my daughter.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Post a Comment