Strange but true - I now and then actually think things through.
Mr. Hillary and I rode our Harley's up to Snowbird last night.
This morning we rode to Lehi on our Bicycles.
This is my train of thought.....
ROAD BIKES
TOTALLY Structured....
Constantly gripping the handlebars
Helmets
Water bottles
Sissy Cloth gloves with pads
Padded butt pants (oh so sexy)
I-Pod on shuffle
Nod your head to other bikers
Average 15-20 MPH - depends on the heat
25-30 Miles in record time - depends on the Tylenol
No gas required - unless you had beans the night before
Clipped in so that if you fall, you get road rash
Pimping just the right Biking store on your Jersey
Pimping just the right Biking store on your Jersey
Bugs land on you - and then sting you
Get constantly dodged at by idiot drivers
Burning massive amounts of calories
Shot blocks and power bars - Power aids
Enjoy passing anyone with a U of U Jersey.
(I love that last one)
HARLEY'S
(this is actually my bike)
(Can you hear Free Bird in the back of your mind?) Going 75 MPH down the road, no helmet, leather gear from head to toe, dodging at cyclists, I-Pod on Stained, Stopping for a cold drink anywhere you want, or pulling out a cold drink from your ice filled side bags, if you fall - you just die (none of this moaning around on the road), 180 miles on a sweet padded seat not built into your pants, no shaving required, looking around at the scenery, dawning a pair of wings on your Harley Shirt, getting gas at the local taco stand or.... stopping for sliders at the Timp Harley shop, taking your hands off your beach bars to give a another Harley rider the 'Peace Down, Happy Trails' sign, sticking your nose up at donor bikers (bullet bikes - and yes Matt I still love you), after dark - turning on the headlights for more fun, swallowing the bugs faster, getting your picture taken at the stop lights - because Mr. Hillary's bike is like a rock star, not burning even one calorie and not feeling bad about it at all, and passing U of U jerseys... (how did that get in there?)
Diagnosis: I'm Bi-Polar




4 comments:
I used to ride my bicyc;e from Logan to North Loga, then down around 1st Dam to River Heights, up that damn RH hill then down to Providence, back around the south end of Logan, past the fairgrounds, west to 600 West and north back to home. I did that twice a day until my sister sold my bike. My doctor told me that is why I don't have any cartilege left in my knees. Still, it was fun, but I prefer my motorcycle. I've got almost 107K on my 'Wing.
Don't you think "donor" bikers are actually those who don't wear helmets :). Met a guy at my district offices who rides sport bikes too and he had a blast talking to me all about it once I told him Matt rides. Definitely hard for sport bikers to get along with Harley riders and vice versa I see!
Much nicer riding in an air-conditioned Jeep, with an iced-mocha, western music blaring from the front and back speakers, waving at the UU backers and "waving" at the BYU backers, and trying to stay away from those damned bikers and bikers who think they own the roads.....
But then I never was much fun.
My favorite post of yours. Loved this!!!
Post a Comment