I was so cleansed by Bethany's Brain Dump post that I thought I would do my own. I love how she included good, bad, frustrating, crazy, funny, and great advice. All of those will not be found in my post - because let's face it - she was a State Sterling Scholar in English.... and I'm from a small town in Utah with a dialog all of it's own - gads. I do have a few thoughts - so if my medication will allow me - I'm going to try to focus.
HEAVEN SAKES.... would people quit dying in my ward? We use to have a birth a week - and now we are losing them from the other side. I know things come in threes... but fours? I always sign up for Potato Chips for the luncheon - I don't burn them, or over flow them in the oven. and they are always edible. I get the wavy one's because there are more chip per chip - I think. I liked the other option this week - five dollars for flowers. Can't burn that either. Please everyone stay alive for at lease another week.
GADS.... facebook - it's really getting on my nerves. Some people are creative, and fun and others have so many hidden agendas that make my head spin. I'm not sure what to comment on - the creative, or the agendas! I have recently LOVED that comments about my grandson - those make my heart smile. I struggle with those that want me to join something... I want to feel special - but then I see that I'm one of 4000 invited. I'm a loser baby so why don't you.... wait - that's Matts! (: I do love hearing what's in people's heads though - it's like spying.
YIPEE.....I put a skirt on today for church from last like 3 years ago - (since Mervyns is no longer in my life - I'm recycling more often than I want to) and it was loose. Freakin' hours of bike riding - I guess are good for something besides greasing up my leg, biting the grass on the side of the road when I crash, and sweating like a dog. Yipee... I shall celebrate with chocolate.
YeGADS - (different than Gads).... I called my 81 year old mom last night - at 11:30 PM. I was in between jobs (no I'm not a hooker) and she's ALWAYS up until 1ish or so. She told me that it had rain all day. I said - Mom - it's been a beautiful day all over the state of Utah! She said - no - I could hear it raining in the side of the house off and all all day long! I didn't dare even go outside it was so bad. Thinking... thinking... thinking.... "Mom..... did Eric have the sprinklers on today?".....
EWWWWWWWWWWW...... I plant tomatoes - they are now squished into a pulp and slowly cooking in my big metal pot. I would like to dump them on some dead man's toes - I hate tomatoes (but I do have 4 fresh bodies.... remember.....) As much as I can't stand the smell - it also reminds me that I'm doing that thing that my mom did, me gma did, and my great gma did.... (probably at 1ish in the morning) and it feels kinda good to know that. There are some lost arts in the world... canning... at the top of the list. In the dead of winter, when I make my curry that not one of my kids will touch... I will be grateful that I have tomato goo to dump into it. When I make my stew, because I don't have anything else but the kitchen sink to put into the stew - I have a quart of tomato juice. Just to make it Martha Stewart - I put a bay leaf in it - kinda looks like a cockroach, I like it.
AWWWW..... This weekend I was able to be with both of my girls. One has a roundy tummy, the other has two other roundies. They can sit at the counter, eating french toast, burping...., and I love them more every time I see them. Mandy locked her keys in the car so Ryan had to get his brother Kevin to bring him all the way up from Provo with the keys... Ashley was on her 15th workout - but we called her and said - PARTAE - and she dropped everything and came over. Basically it was a great way to see each other.... and a sweet way to get rid of most of the syrup in the house.
DARN.... I miss my grandkids.... I almost beat up a woman in the store the other day because the two grandchildren in her cart were Andy and Em... well they weren't but to me they were - and I didn't see why she should be able to drive her cart down the toy section and laugh and giggle with them.... I miss them... Usually I have a solution for my sadness. To tell the truth - I sat down in my dungeon basement Saturday morning and cried where no one could see or hear me. That big sobby cry that makes your nose tingle. There is no answer here. I surround myself with their pictures. I rejoice that they have amazing parents that are raising them so sweetly. I giggle at the Andy posts because I have had that same exact experience, and he's 26 now. I hope they have 20 more.... is that ok Bethany? They are beautiful - and loved.
I'm fortunate in the fact that when I look in the mirror - each worry line, every single identifying age spot, each long hair growing from my chin, each split end, every extra pound, both sweet sets of crows feet next to my eyes, the crown that needs to be replaced in the upper right side of my mouth, the turkey gobbler wafting in the wind under my chin, and the deep crevasses/not cleavage located on my treasured sinking chest.... makes me unique, and strange at the same time. Brain Dump - does a mind good, I guess - I don't know - I can't remember. Is it raining outside?


1 comment:
Your grandkids miss you too! I wish Matt had way more vacation so we could come down there frequently. I love the brain dump!
Post a Comment