So first of all you need to know that there really are angels out there. Those that come into your children's lives and rescue them and tenderly care for them. I know this because we have Elizabeth and Jessica in our lives. Elizabeth is someone that a handsome Missionary met in Texas.... and he was allowed to bring her a message that changed her life, and his. A year ago Elizabeth joined the church. Jessica is a friend of Elizabeth's and part of the RS Presidency in her ward. On the 8th of October, Elder Hillary's sweet Mission President allowed him to attend the temple for Elizabeth's endowment session in the Gila Valley Temple. Jessica drove her there from El Paso. There were closer temples to go to - but Elder Hillary was serving in the Gila Valley Temple district - and they made the sacrifices to drive there so he could be there. Now tell me - who does that for someone? These two angels. Their families made sacrifices for them to come - they called the Mission President and arranged it all- and the sweet stories that came from that moment in time will forever be in my heart. If Elder Hillary could not make it to the temple, we were going to drive there and be with her... but since he was allowed - I made sure that at the same time they were going through the Gila Valley Temple, I was going through the Draper Utah Temple - I had their pictures in my hands the whole time... there were many tears. But not as many as those freely shed in a beautiful Temple in Arizona on a hot autumn night. Elder Hillary said.... "Mom - we were sitting in the room waiting for them to come in - the Temple Matron came in and asked my companion and I to come into the hallway - Liz and Jessica were waiting for us there - all we could do was shake hands - wink and wave at each other!" Liz said, "I know that you are suppose to be emotional in the celestial room at the end of the endowment session - but I was crying before anything even started - when I saw Elder Hillary!" To bring just one soul.........one soul.... he wasn't kidding... oh the joy. The pictures tell the story. Now... at the end - you get to see Elizabeth's humor - I do believe that if he wasn't in a suit - she would have done it. (check out that handsome missionary man!) His current companion is Elder Kasat from Chile', the companion serving with him when he met and taught Liz was Elder Carter from Logan, Utah. Enjoy... I love my Missionary.
Jessica's and her husband will be going through the temple in less than a year - that will be a sweet day., when their beautiful family will be sealed together. Liz's husband is a wonderful man that we have also adopted - they are the parents of a beautiful little girl. The rewards of the Gospel are endless... and priceless.... are any of you interested??? Let me know - I've got great connections.








1 comment:
What a beautiful event!
Post a Comment