| The lift - well is pretty obvious... ouch that's a lot of weight. You can see the counters/judge behind her on the floor with another competitor. |
| The total rotation of the 3 events are timed to 15 minutes. I have never seen such exhaustion ever. This is what they all look like afterwards. Close by is the Barf Bucket... literally. |
| This is the sweat left on the floor after she could actually stand up! |
| ......and then she's ready to go again.... |
I learned a lot that day about my daughter. I saw the fierce competitor in her. The accurateness of her efforts. The dedication and knowledge of the sport. I met people there that were kind and considerate - but they could probably move all the weigh equipment with one hand. There was an amazing showing of sportsmanship that is rarely seen. Each one cheered each other on, then competed against each other and then turned around and cheered when they heard each others scores. There were husbands and wives competing - and brothers and sisters. I was SO jealous!!! They all asked about Mike - because they had heard that he is as amazing as Ashley and they want him on their Cross Fit team. I've also noticed that they have all 'friended' him on face book - encouraging him to come and be a part of them. I've been active in sports my whole life somehow or another, and this is something I truly need to get listed on my bucket list. Way to go Ashley - your kids will be born with muscles, and carrying a protein shake. You can find out more about Cross Fit and the competitions on Google! I dare you to try it!
(I think I might indulge!)


1 comment:
I want Ashley on my side in Red Rover :)
Post a Comment