Sunday, April 22, 2012

Gomer and I - one hot couple

Well, Gomer and I have been married for 29 years now.  As you can tell we are very compatible.  Gomer spent the day watching videos, and I spent the day in the back yard in the sun.  (His skin is so much nicer than mine)  When asked what amazing things we did for our anniversary, one might shy from answering it but no, not us, we'll share!  A little tight on money found us without that trip to Mexico - so we decided to work in the vinyard in the back.  Consisting of 4 grape vines now - whew hew, will the fun ever stop.  Last night Gomer said he needed 20 bucks to put gas in his truck - and that was what we needed to at least get a burger.  Only thing was that he only really had 18 and needed to borrow 2 dollars to make the 20 work.  I said - well, ok - I'll give you those 2 dollars and take you to dinner to boot.  He said, "yipee".... I would have thought a 'Yippeekiaiaiayippieia' might have been more appropriate.  So at the end of the night - the dinner and the gas cost me 32 dollars.... Oh that Gomer - always getting the upper hand.  Once we actually watched 2 videos in one night - darn right, good times.  Needless to say - I'm scanning the nursing homes for someone to replace Gomer.  Because excitement like this can kill a girl like me.  Just in case my children forgot (pray tell) that it was their parents anniversary - you can bet you've all been taken off of the Viper Will, and all been placed on the Bird Will.  It's ok - I'm not mad - heck I live with Gomer - and life is all that and them some.

2 comments:

Love said...

Happy Happy Anniversary to you!!!!

Bethany said...

I totally remembered this morning and said to Matt, "Hey isn't it your parents' anniversary?" He was still asleep and never responded. Hope it was a good one!