Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lucky Day, Lucky Us....

When my children were little - I would always pray for their spouses that they would find in the world in their future.  It seemed odd to some people, but it was important to me to have them know that somewhere out there, some amazing parents were raising a wonderful child that they would want the very best for them when they grew up.  I wanted them to know that they needed to live up to what those parents would want for their child.  I prayed that they would be strong in the same beliefs, want to be educated, live right, serve others, and mostly be protected and watched over until my child could find them.  I posted a post a last week - quickly and without thinking, about a wonderful event in our family that had just happened.  I pulled that post - because it deserved so much more than I gave it.  I want to make it very clear that all my prayers have been answered in so many ways, and that my life is richer because of this event.  I never knew the name of this beautiful girl, growing up in California, excelling in school, developing so many talents, staying close to the church, setting an example for all around.  I never knew that she would come to BYU and live a stones throw from my son apartment, and catch his eye with her contagious smile. I had prayed that someone like her would come into my son's life and bring so much love and joy and beauty.  I never knew that a week ago, she would accept his proposal, as my handsome son knelt on one knee and ask her to marry him.  But I know that she was meant to be.  I know that she is part of the great plan Heavenly Father has for my son.  How grateful I am that she led her life, so that when the stars lined up - she was with my son.  How grateful I am that her parents took the time to teach her love, and kindness, integrity and tenderness.  As I have come to know her more, I see the great influence her parents have had on her - and I know that my son will contribute to their family in the same way Katie has already contributed to ours. I am looking forward to the blessings that will come to the Lowrey and Hillary families because of this two amazing people. How wonderful it is that she is accepting of our family - even though she's now had dinner with us all around the table, with our loudness, and craziness, and imperfections.  I want her to know that she is so very welcome to our family.  My girls are not easy to let anyone in - we're not sure how to tell Ryan - but the girls love her so much they will beat him to the ground if he every does anything wrong.  I have watched her with Ryan - and have seen her love for him.  I have seen my son's emotions on his sleeve as he spoke of how he would ask her to marry him, and how he hoped she would say yes, and the look in his eyes of his love for her.  One of my favorite things about her is that she has the funniest laugh - when I hear it - the world is just a better place.  Long ago - a little boy came into my life.  I prayed for his future wife.  She has arrived.  So to you Katie, I say welcome.  To your parents, I say thank you.  To my family, how lucky we are to be able to have our family grow, and to imagine the wonderful things that will come from this union.  Congratulations to my son Ryan, and to Katie - who found each other - and were reminded that perhaps you promised each other in heaven, to find each other on this earth, and you did.
August 10th 2012 - Oakland Temple


2 comments:

Bethany said...

Woohoo! So excited to have another "Mrs. Hillary" in the family :)

Love said...

You are so sweet!! You are one of the very few people who still look at my blog, and you are THE only one who ever comments!! Thank you for always being so supportive and following us on our journeys in life through my blog! You motivate me to keep it updated!! Thanks so much!! XOXO