Wednesday, November 3, 2010

3 is not a bad number - in our fam it's the funniest one

Now you might think that I am forgetting that I have 4 kids, not 3.  But today I'm sharing a special day with my 3rd child, The Mandy.  Now if there was a way to download the messages on my phone left there by Mandy - you would (and Elaine I'll steal this famous line from you my friend....) have coffee comin' outta yer nose laughing.  Most of them are so hysterical that I play them over and over - I've saved them from clear back in 2008.... seriously - my phone messages are always full because I save the messages from my kids.  Elder Hillary's is on there from the day before he left - a message to me - to play any day any time.  Mandy's are always in some foreign voice... or opera singing lady, or "WHY DO YOU HATE ME" voice.... indescribable... but on the hardest days... I play every single one of them.  Ashley left me her Morphine call after her root canal, and Matt's is when he was doing donuts in the BYU parking lot after the first snowfall.... no doubt - probably right in front of a cop.  I love messages from Andy - coached by his mom and dad - messages to Nanna... could there be anything sweeter?  Today I called the 3rd child and used my SkELeTonZ voice and reminded her that because of  circumstances....we were the only Hillarys in the State of Utah right now - WHAT'S WITH THAT?  So tomorrow - we are meeting up for some serious picnicking in the car during her lunch time..We know how to have a good time eh?  Well, I thought it was a good idea until I noticed that the 3rd child had swallowed a watermelon .... What the heck... Looks like a 20 week old spawn growing inside my beautiful #3.... The day you call me to tell me you've had this baby boy... make sure you leave a message - so I can play it over and over again.  XOXOXO
 I'm grateful today that the #3 child is having the #3 grandchild,
and for the 3 messages it took
for her to sing me happy birthday last year
because she 'wasn't done singing it yet'.

1 comment:

pitbull said...

I save the messages to meemaw from Mason, and play them again and again. It's so much fun to hear his little voice, and know that he doesn't have to be "coached" by mom and dad anymore - everything he says comes from his heart! Don't ya just love grandkids?