Michael is a given name that comes from the Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל (Mikha'el), derived from the Hebrew question מי כמו אלוהים? My Kmo Alohim? meaning "Who is like God?"[1] In English, it is sometimes shortened to Mike, Mikey, or, especially in Ireland, Mick. Today it's for "M"y GOSH - he's home on leave - (thank you spirit in the sky)
(Ashley - be gentle on him...)
Ryan is a common Irish surname, as well as being a common given name.
There are several possible origins for the surname. In certain cases it can be a simplified from of Mulryan. In some cases the surname may be derived from the Irish Gaelic Ó Riagháin (modern Irish Ó Riain), meaning "descendant of Rian"; or Ó Maoilriain "descendant of Maoilriaghain", or Ó Ruaidhín "descendant of the little red one". The old Gaelic personal name Rian is of uncertain origin. It may be derived from the Gaelic rí, meaning "king". Today - it means Happy Birthday!!!
(Mandy... Ginger baby proof?)
I knew that when I had my daughters that I would one day pray that they would be tenderly cared for and loved forever. Lucky for me (and for them) they found their soul mates - and they are divine.... Never have I questioned their choices, never have I loved two handsome gentlemen so much, never did I know I would see the kind of love they have for my baby girls. I think that we need to just start dropping that 'in-law' part - because these two - are my sons. Welcome Home Mike (a most excellent soldier), and Happy Birthday Ryan (a most excellent law student) Yer Bob - loves you.




1 comment:
Can I just say...you are such a wonderful family! I love reading about your adorable family. It sometimes makes me miss my own mother but I enjoy reading about you. I love you Nic!
Post a Comment