Thursday, November 11, 2010

Keeping track of my Veterans

Mike said my picture I posted on Facebook was depressing.... sorry.  Just wanted to capture somethin' sweet.  He likes this one though - so I'll honor him today with using something he likes... this picture and my daughter.  Missin' him something awful - praying for him EVERYDAY.  Can there be any greater sacrifice??  There had to exist a great bond between these two before any of this could happen.  It's even stronger now.  Oh the stories they'll tell their ginger babied Tommy Hawkers.  Mike we miss your massive presence in our lives.  You represent the good that comes from service, the bravery needed for what you do, and the tender sweetness that captivates my daughter's heart.  Now if you'll just give me a few days to locate the exact picture I wanted to use... you, Halloween, nothing but a red (way to small) plastic Speedo..... and I believe it was really really cold that night.  Today I'm grateful for my (and each of your) Veterans.  To Mike - and his sweet wife, and his family who also honors Brayton today -  you are full of awesomeness.  Thank you....   (and thanks to my Uncle Jay and My DAD!!)  Cheer yours on today, they deserve it in every way.

 
PS.... Yesterday - I was not thankful for anything.... in case you were keeping track.  (:  Ok - I guess I was thankful that I found my Jack Skeleton gloves in the pocket of my winter coat, and a miniature Heath candy bar from last Halloween.... there - I'm grateful.

No comments: