Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big Breath... hold it.... hold it.... here we go.....


Nutshell Item #1 -  Way to kick some butts Eric!

Eric - My only sibling and love of my parents life... Worked his sorry hinnnnney off over the years and completed his Masters in Engineering (Education) from Utah State University.  This feat.... brought tears to my eyes, as my brother is truly my hero in every way.  He (and his sweetheart) have raised 5 children, he's the Pompa to 2 little boys, owns 1 and 1/2 son in laws and has worked and worked and worked to make this world a better place.  He can even make the next life better for you - as he is the Sexton for the Mendon Cemetery...  But - I stood there that day of graduation and thought about all of the memories we've had over the years - we've lived good lives of incredible love and joy.  (ok - so ya - it's hard being the 2nd child, you know, 3/4ths less pictures, wondering if you were actually adopted, etc.)  But on this day - I cheered on my incredible brother.  I truly call him 'Master'.

Nutshell #2 - The Garden

My father would plant a huge garden every year - he taught me the miracles that can occur when you sow a seed, water it, watch it grow, and reap the rewards of Mother Nature.  I've taught all of my children these things over the years - it was especially sweet to have Ryan help me plant the Mendon Garden this year.  The soil there is AMAZING.  I thought of planting Ryan out there and seeing if I could grow a couple more tall handsome sons just exactly like him....  Nothing brings me more joy that to see something growing, because you took the time to plant it.

Nutshell # 3 - Ya, we dance around a pole and crown a May Queen - gotta problem with that? (:

Mendon May Day 2011 marks the 149th year of celebrating springtime in my home town.  A May Queen is crowned and all of the little girls of the town dance around a pole braiding it in the brilliant colors of spring.  I took part in this my whole entire life... My mom - leads the singing for the town.  She is called Mrs. MayDay.  This year it was very sweet to have almost all of my children come and spend the day with family.  It was also the first time that my mom was able to meet her newest Great Grandchild Big J!  "Come to the Woodland Away Away!" 


And...
now it's June
and I'm all fuzzy
because I have the Cold of Death.
So I will post about
Big J
Memorial Day
A sweet Missionary Story
Little Red
Having only 1 kid in Utah right now
and
update the Mendon Garden Status
very very soon.
Aw... Nyquil.. on the rocks....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Grateful to see Auntie June. I miss her. I need to go and visit.. Hey when you going to start another reunion.. I will help you! We need to do it.