I've been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (you know, the Mormons) my entire life. I've have many, many opportunities to study and read the Book of Mormon through out my life. At the beginning of this year our Bishop (Bish Stewart) passed out a reading chart to our ward. The youth of our ward are going to go on Trek this year and he wanted them to all have read the book before going. He encouraged the parents of the ward to read also... and eventually it turned into every single person reading as one, the same scriptures and chapters each day. There was a lot of pressure to make sure that you didn't get behind, but obviously it was ok to read ahead, you know - those competitive members... (ok - me). Each day I prayed to have the spirit to understand the words I would read. Each day I asked Heavenly Father to let those words I read be retained my my fading mind, to help me recall them when needed, and to feel the comfort of the truthfulness of the words I read. This little piece of paper has controlled my life since January. I know that there are those that did the whole 'read it in a month' but I would have missed so much of the tenderness, the guidance, and the spirit of the messages. Today - marks the last day of my reading. I will finish Moroni 10, and I will take the challenges spoken of there, and once again, I will be reminded of who I am, what I need to represent, and what I need to share with those around me. It's a remarkable experience, one that I would love to have you experience. Pick up this book, and let it fill your soul. I have so much to change and learn. My tesitmony is different after reading it this time. I'm pretty sure it's about the 'seasons' of our lives as we read it. I've read it with my small children when we could only get through a verse, or a little bit of a chapter. I've listened to it on my I-Pod while riding or working. I've read the pages of my own book many times. I will read it yet again very soon. Just wanted to extend a challenge to my children. Read it, Read it again. Read it with your spouses and to your children. And to you, if you are reading this... You read it again also. I pray it brings you great joy, and an enormous amount of comfort. It did for me. Besides... what's a little bit of reading... compared to what he did for you and I? I Believe. Do you?
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment