Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mandy and Ryan

"Um Mom, I think I'm in love with him..."
"No, I know I am"
Pretty tough to let your beautiful daughters go
off and get married at 12 years old - but we
made an exception - because we also fell
in love with Ryan. (ok - she was 13)

I remember stealing Ruth - her new mom-in-law to
be, and making sure she came with us to pick out Mandy's
Wedding Dress, and also for the pictures.
(She's the amazing mom of 4 Ninja Boys)
I only almost killed her in the passengers
seat of the car a couple of times!
*someone forgot to warn her about my driving...
We had a great girl's day out with Ruth,
Ashley, Bethany and I, oh - and the
bride to be. (ok she was 14, or 15)

Margo did a wonderful job with Mandy's bridals,
and she was amazing the day of the wedding.
There were a lot of choked back tears because
I wanted to keep her my little girl for a bit
longer - but after meeting her sweetheart
we knew that it was a perfect match.
(ok, she was 16, or 17, or was it 18?)

We did try to warn Ryan about Mandy,
he didn't want to listen. I would love
to have you hear him now talk about
the funny things she does, and we all
just look at each other and say,
Didn't we warn him about that?
Most of the things Ryan really had to get
used to were the crazy things our family
does and how in your face we all are.
He's pulled his weight many times at
our family gatherings and it's really fun
to see him come over to the dark side.
They work very hard to make sure that
they take care of each other and their
love is very contagious - they both are
always smiling - except
when the car
is sad....
(was it 19?)(or 19 1/2?)

Here's the next best reason we love the
fact that she married Ryan. The Merriman
family are exceptional human beings!
Randy, Ruth, Ryan, David (now married to
beautiful Ashley - no not ours, his) Kyle (leaving
for Honduras on his mission in a week or two)
Missing is Kevin - who was on his mission in Brussels,
eating brussel sprouts, and speaking French. We
sent him a tie and he wore it on the day of the wedding.
The most important thing on that day?
Our family grew just a bit bigger, and
that meant a whole lot more love.
Happy 2nd Anniversary Mandy and Ryan.
You have shown us many things
about life, love and the pursuit
of dual college degrees...

Now we have Bob, Dad, Matt & Bethany,
THE CUTEST GRANDSON Andy!!,
Ashley and Mike, Mandy and Ryan, and Ryan
Mandy's Ryan is the one she kisses,
we love having 2 Ryans....
(We think Ryan H should marry a Bethany,
an Ashley, a Mandy or a Bob.

Mandy and Ryan are currently starting
their Senior Years at BYU. Mandy is a
Music Performance Major and Ryan is
pursuing his degrees in Economics and
Political Science and will be attending
Law School upon Graduation.
(I voted for BYU Law School)
She performs and tours with the BYU
Wind Symphony (just returned from Korea)
and Ryan is the fastest runner you've ever seen
for the BYU Cross Country Team and Track Team.
Mandy is the Primary Secretary (she's scared of children)
and Ryan is in the Elders Quorum Presidency and chief
moving van person every weekend.
Great Kids...

(Wait - I think she was 20...)
YEP! Still too young to be
kissing the boys in the first place eh?
Bobby Shew loves you both

3 comments:

Jen said...

Those pictures are darling...and since I have a daughter I can totally relate to her being too young to get married! I have already told Anna she isn't dating until she is 35!

Anonymous said...

What a cute bride! Those pictures are darling!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Wait... I think I was 10 yrs old...

haha!! I love this, bob! Thanks so much for hanging in there throughout all the craziness...aka... the bride's room in the temple with those dang giant red flowers!! "Gosh bob!! You broke it!!! :) ugh!!" I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Ry and I were just talking about how strange it's going to be to not still be BYU college students - that's all we've been our whole marriage! Thanks for the Olive Garden gift card bob! We're excited to eat bread sticks until we "blow freaking chunks!" - like you said your talk would....lol. I bet it'll be awesome and you'll blow em outta the water! Thanks for the post bob, love you.