Monday, August 31, 2009

What's in YOUR lunch?

Ok kids, you have your backpacks all ready? Sack Lunches packed? Money for PTA and School Pictures? Pencils, books, post-it notes? Great - now set out your new jeans and tee shirts, fresh undies and stuff. Great.... wait.... 1/2 my kid are in college the other half are working in wonderful jobs because they graduated from college.... gosh I miss the smell of new pencils. Ashley - enjoy that $3,000.00 class from the U, dang those masters programs are expensive (; but you DO have those killer shoes to wear. Mandy, please be patient with yourself with 20 credits, work, and practice - be very kind to yourself, and breathe. Ryan - you have a big heart, and big shoes, you fill them well, continue to ace all of your classes and when you pick a law school, I like the box next to BYU Law. Mike is back to work at home now (whew) - and there's a steak sammie in his sack lunch. Matt will probably be eating in the cafeteria in Seattle, and Bethany and Andy will be packing their lunch for the picket line - as her school district strikes... not so fun! (probably will include some fish shaped crackers!!) Elder Hillary also packs his lunch - the little sweet Spanish ladies in his area taught him about some great things to pack - most of which I can't pronounce. Del takes soup and crackers. I'm usually taking my lunch at 8 am as I start work long before all the little school kiddies even get out of bed, always a BP&J sammie washed down with a Rock Star that will wipe out my kidneys soon. Hey - SO - Everyone enjoy your lunches today! Don't forget to floss after! ....wait...I smell pencils.... and there you go....

2 comments:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Yay! I survived my first day! AND I'm finding time to LIVE! and... blog/comment on blogs. obviously. In my lunch? carrots, oranges, applesauce, PB&J on wheat and Gatorade. yay! :) Ryan probably had cheesecake for lunch... :)

Nikki said...

Sydney was so sad when she found out that you don't eat lunch at school in kindergarten. Next year she might be wishing she was home again for lunch! :)