It's Mom's day - Mandy just posted the sweetest blog - and a picture of Gma June, herself and I. I look like freaking old. Been riding the roller coaster down hill too fast and it's stretching my face out in the wind. I do like being a mom though. I hope all mom's have a great day today. Especially my cute daughter in law Bethany - who brought into our family Andy and Emma - perfect little mixture Hillary/Stimpson youngins. So blessed - her for becoming a mom against all odds - and me for being able to cherish the fruits of her labor! I love being a Grandmom, ok but it's not fair that I'm recognized as the one with the squawking bird. I also recognize my mom today - I love her so much I want to kill her. She takes her mandatory driving test on Tuesday to see if they'll let her continue to drive. I'd freak out too if an 80 year old lady was coming towards me in a vehicle in my lane.... So I would also like to thank the local police department for doing that which only they could do.... save many lives. Wow - squirrel - distraction... I love my mom though. No one would believe her stories - one day I will write them and become famous. You'll all want to read about her I just know it. It will also include the million and one ways I am exactly like her. I'm always making fun of Del's mom - Molly. She's one hot momma. She's also 80 - but she doesn't pick up pine cones under the pine tree and fall and break her nose all over her face - wait - I had better wait to tell you that mommy story in the book.... Molly is a girly girl kinda mom - kinda fun to have one of those. We don't see each other much - unless my Mr. Hillary (because Molly had her own for many years so I have to identify mine as 'mine') does something and I call him "Molly" - and he catches himself and laughs (when he's not Molly - he's Ed....). I'm pretty sure that I'm not even on her top 1 list of favorite daughter in laws - even though my Mr. Hillary is the only one of 5 brothers that are married. I just can't beat those odds can I? I don't think I'll write a book about Molly - it might frighten small children. I did give her 4 amazing grandchildren... I believe the last time they saw her was when she was in the hospital, and I knew that my prayers had been answered. No, not because they were able to see their grandmother, but because she was in the hospital..... (burnin' for that one). I need to shout out to a particular daughter that didn't get to be a mom this year. Because Heavenly Father wasn't finished with the one he was sending and had to keep it. Yet - I know that with all of the practicing going on - he'll have no choice but to send one quickly. So - you will be blessed beyond all things by just desiring to be a mom - and when that day comes - it will be - all that and then some I promise you sweetheart. Every woman is a mom - it is genetically linked to us by our Heavenly Mother - lucky us. Ok - let me venture off to a new area that some of you might not consider a 'good thing' but I can...the in-law mom of your childrens' spouses.... I have to give some serious kudos here. Kathleen, (including Gma Beverly), Ruth, and Pam. Seriously - these are wonderful women! How fun it is to compare stories of our kids - and to know that our grandkids will have some fun times ahead. How interesting to see what each grandchild will call us..... Nanna, Ama, Grandma, MeMaw (that's for Elaine), and or 'Hey You with the cookies and candy' - you know - whatever works. I love being a mom - but I'm sad because being put out to pasture is difficult. Empty nest my Arsenal (of Kleenexes)! I have no one to yell at, lecture, nag or put to work! (Poor Mr Hillary) I do look forward to continuing my talents of yelling, lecturing nagging and putting to work with my grand kids - ok - be it from a wicked wheelchair - but someone must carry the torch! Now - like I said - I like being a mom - because I'm finally right. I don't even have to say anything - they come to me and tell me stories and I just look at them - and they say - HOW DID YOU KNOW? They think I have a sixth sense - I don't tell them any different - they are just growing into their own skin - it's fun to see. I like being a mom - I like to sing really loud in public places when I am with my kids - they just die. I love singing opera in church during the hymns - it makes Mandy pee laughing. My son Matt and I have a favorite song we love to sing, "Rally round the family" not particularly a FHE song - as it continues, "with a pocket full of shells". I love my gangsta son. I love to hang out with Ashley - she reaches for things for me. She can also hurt people - with her eyes - and her eyebrow lift. I always feel safe around her. I love Mandy for the fact that she yells things out the window while you're driving - particularly like, "Look! It's Jaffar!" - ok - and this is at a red light and I can't get away. I love Ryan - because well in about a hour or so - he'll give me my very last Missionary Mom phone call - and we'll talk about everything and I'll cry - and tell him how much my heart aches to see his face. I'll tell him that I can either afford the new garment tops or bottoms but not both because I'm broke. I'll ask him how he's doing health wise - and he'll lie and say he's doing great - but the X-Rays speak volumes different. I'll tell him to not go without anything he needs - but please don't use his debit card or he'll won't have enough money for college. It will be a loving a fulfilling phone call - if it ever happens..... sometime between 4 and 10 - wait - is he working for RC Willey as a delivery person? I love being a mom - because in my case that comes with being a parent - and I'm lucky to have a partner in all of this. Mr Hillary is an omlette maker - like beyond yum omlette maker. This morning he poured me a bowl of cereal. I love being a mom. Did I mention that? I love that you can change out the cereal pourer.... but your kids cannot change out their mom. I think that I stood in the right line in heaven to pick out my 4 children. I think that for the 26 years now that I've been a mom - have been worth every single moment. Did I say every moment? Yes, I know I did. I love being a mom.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


1 comment:
I love reading your blogs... sincere, off-the-wall, and seriously entertaining. Isn't it the best being a mom? I love it, too. And if you feel the need to yell, lecture, nag or put to work, please remember that I have one still at home who needs a good nagg, lecture, yell and be put to work. I love you lots. Meemaw
Post a Comment