Been really behind on my blogging - I own guilt in a serious way. I'm frustrated at my fun new camera - because it won't download any of my pictures. Pictures help me tell my stories - but for now I'll have to use my words.
Ashley Michelle (Hillary) Doxstader - is now the proud owner of a Masters in Chemical Engineering Degree - determined, devoted, and darling. She towered up over the other graduates - 5'11" and add 5 inch heels - she just had the best view around. (So sorry about the people behind her!) She started devoting herself to her schooling many years ago - never missing a beat to become all that she dreamed of being. To those sotty Jr. High kids........ check her out now - don'tcha wish you'd been nicer then? (: I love that Ashley put her blinders on and believed that she could accomplish anything she put her mind to. During her Bachelors from BYU and Masters from U of U - she: met and fell in love with and (whew lucky for all of us) married Michael. They both survived a tour in Iraq - and bravely lived vicariously through their computers to communicate. Surgeries in Germany for Michael, safe returns home, school, school, school, finding a new home, (decorating it!) (filling it with shoes), supporting family on both sides every chance she could, and recently losing a bit of heaven as she gave back to Heavenly Father that which she could not have.... just yet. This mom's day is a tough one for all of us. But never the less - there she stood - in honor, and beauty and total attitude - and walked across that stage, and became what she believed she could be. She sat there listening to the speaker saying, "You are part of a graduating class that is effected 100% by the poor job offerings...." HellOOOOO jerk speaker! She has actually been working at what she does best for 2 years now! WHEW! So - not only a degree, but the job no one said she would have! (refer back to Jr High people) So - pictureless - I will still congratulate my cute baby girl - and wish you all of the Chemical Engineering dreams you can find.... way to go Lee Lee!
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


3 comments:
Congratulations to Ashley and to you for raising such a beautiful and brilliant daughter!
That is incredible. I am so impressed with her. I guess if she can do all that and come out on top, maybe I can too. It's just taking a lot of courage and hope to do it. Love you Hillary family. You are great examples to me.
I promise you that one day those Jr. High pictures will somehow mysteriously go missing...
Post a Comment