Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spontaneous Mini Thought for the Family Day of May

If there is anything I would change in this world it would be goodbyes.  Today our beautiful Washington family left to go home.  This week we have captured every single moment we could to be together.  My daughter said she'd put 400 miles on the car just to be to everything.  This trip was extremely special for me.  I spend every minute I could watching my children.  Seeing them as adults, remembering moments when I only dreamed of this time in their lives.  Compassionate acts of love and tenderness, dinners, kites, sticky fingers, toys that go boing, moments of prayer, conversations of future plans and support for each other.  We were a family.  It was a time for our grand kids to be cousins - and actually realize that they were cousins and played together with such excitement.  They looked for each other, and giggled beyond words when they found each other.  It was a time to see my children sitting on a bench together at church for the first time in a long time because of our many schedules and miles between homes.  I loved little grand kids running from grandparent to grandparent in church today - each sharing an exceptional amount of love for each other.  A time to celebrate in law families - and seeing Camille prepare to serve her mission, and acknowledge how close our families are and always will be.  Tonight - my heart is full, and so incredibly lonely for all of them once again.  Sometimes people just don't understand the concept of forever families - in my life - I couldn't ever understand why someone wouldn't want exactly that.  Oh how I love my children - how grateful I am that they are dedicated to this family.  I appreciate all of their efforts this past week (and always) from tending, to dinners, to movies, to just being around each other.  Yes, dad and I got into the car to leave today.... and burst out into tears.  Gomer and I crying in the car - it was quite a sight.  Don't let a moment past this week without telling those children how much you love them - how proud you are of them... they carry our future (Ashley literally right now) in them - leave them with good memories - and good lessons of life.  Give them Good Roots.
 
Thought of the Day:
Please pass the Kleenexes

1 comment:

Stimpson Mom said...

Today was a good day. Thanks for sharing it with us. My heart was equally as full this week. Love our families and glad we share those cute grandchildren.