OK... folks... let's talk about this obsession I have. The weather. I'm not really into weather men or women because they drive my NUTS - mostly because they always stand in the way of the 7 day forecast and I can't see if it's a sun or a lightening bolt. I know I'm obsessed because today on my Mission I told my fave homeless friend to "wear his slicker 'cus it's going to downpour this week!' He answered, "Um Sister Hillary, I don't even own a coat, let alone a slicker" So I gave him my umbrella from my car. (der der der) When the kids were little they use to jump on the trampoline during the rain storms.. and yes I won mother of the year when it was actually a lightening storm. Eh... they lived. I love my sunny days - but please bring me on a lightening storm. Preferably when the kids are all safe and sound in their homes and my husband is there for me to bury my fingernails into his arm. I love the smell of rain right before it hits the area.... ya - you know that smell... pre-wet dirt and grass. I use to watch the thunderclouds roll into Cache Valley and listen to the echo's of the thunder on the mountains. I love waking up to the rain on the windows, and seeing the worms crawl out onto the sidewalk as easy prey for the birds. The water would run down the gutters and the kids in the neighborhood would run out and play in them during the summer storms. Now and then a stray paper boat would float by. I just think that God really had fun creating lightening. By the way... forecast calls for lightening storms for the next 3 days. Oh heaven...
Thought for the day:
My mom use to tell me lightening was
the devil throwing apples in the cellar...
shocking..
(stupid devil)
(Please pass the salsa)



1 comment:
We always thought it was the clouds bumping against each other!
Post a Comment