I knew there was something going to be so strange today when I woke up. The air was thick with moisture and the moon was ready to let down it's guard, letting the storm through. At the last minute I closed the windows before I left for work. Nice sunny day for about 3 hours then the massive clouds rolled in. By noon - the thunder and lightening and hailstorms hit my town hard. My cute Paisen at work had just come back to see what was going on and CRASH - the ceiling started falling down and water gushed in through a hole - it went everywhere in that store - it was creepy and frightening and amazing. We all ran to pull back the furniture being destroyed by the waterfall. Three interesting things happened...
First - why would we actually try to save that stupid furniture?
Next - Why in the moment of disaster - we all pulled out our phones and took pictures?
Finally - I am a true blue Zamboni operator now - and I actually said the words....
"If you walk through that water again I will cut you.. to my boss.
After our 9th hour with no lunches - our boss loved us and gave
us extra time on the clock.... I call it - a complete wash out.
I only wish 'some people' could have been there to get wet...
it's probably the only shower they may have taken -- like ever.
Thought for the day:
Wet clean up on Aisle 3.... and 4 and 5
and all of 8, 9, 10, 14-19, and furniture.



No comments:
Post a Comment