Saturday, November 15, 2008

15 of 30: Halfway Blue.... er Through...

Loved that when I walked into Roberts Craft today that there were 2 Christmas trees trimmed to the max. One was a red U of U tree - small - set in the draft of the opening door - noticed it looked cold. But standing regal and beautiful and on the 'straight and narrow path' in front of me was a gorgeous BYU Blue tree! With the pending game just a week away, the gloves are off - now of course I mean the winter gloves because it's kind of warmer today - and besides - what do I care - I'm a Utah State Aggie - well, until they kicked me out years ago because I spent more time skiing on the mountain that attending class. Ashley said, "Look - it says that Santa is a Ute because he's dressed in red?" Then she added, "But everyone knows his underwear is blue!" I still love my Ute fanz though - one year I even stole Elaine's new red flag and called to tell her that it looked like hers was missing and that I had just picked up a new one just that morning if she wanted to replace it! Joosten Utes - love you guys too- but man there's just TOO much RED on that blog!! (: Let the games begin.... and there you go.

5 comments:

Joosten said...

You'll be seeing RED when the UTES kick butt!! I do love my BYU and Aggie fans though. I can't wait until Saturday the 22nd. Win or Lose, it will just be fun being at the game!!! Hope you didn't buy the BLUE tree!! Oh, by the way, Santa is a UTE fan and his underwear is RED.

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

gimmie a B! gimmie a Y! add a U! What does that spell? The #1 college BYU! Go Cougars! We're gonna pants you like all the other teams we played this year and how we beat you for the last two years in a row!

BYU!!!!
True Blue!

pitbull said...

Remind me, Mandy, how your "B-Y-Woos" did against TCU - your comment about "all the other teams we played this year" .... Put another big blue "L" in your column after next week's game because they'll be a giant flashing RED W in our column!! PS. Nic: I've attached a fool-proof theft-proof device to my red UTAH flag this year. Suggestion: don't try to steal it for Mandy!

Mommason Hillary said...

Aw yes - I love a good word war - Go Aggies! (wait - do we even still HAVE a football team?) Remember at BYU they still teach 'hope'. At USU they teach 'huh?' Having never attended U of U perhaps you could fill in that blank for me! Have fun kids!

Us Craven's said...

Go Aggies- the True Blue!