Saturday, November 8, 2008

8 of 30: It's a brand new day...

Today was an incredible day. If you are a mother - you'll relate to my joy. Today for the first time on this earth all of my children were in the Salt Lake Temple at the same time. Ryan went through for his first time. Many spiritual experiences occurred there, many of which are too sacred to share to the world - but I will say as I entered the chapel before the session - there sat all of my children and their spouses on the front row - I was in instant tears. My husband was with my son - and that was special. My mother came in with me and that was special. 3 generations of our family sat there. We were visited by a member of the Temple Presidency's Matrons who spent some time with my mother and I. We told her of our humble missionary, of our family, of the family names that would be taken through today, and of the spiritual experiences that had happened to make this day - a perfect day. She said that the President of the Temple wanted to know of our story and she was going to share it with him. She, through her tears said, "It will certainly be one of my journal entries tonight". I've spent 24 years as a mother trying to raise children to give back to the Lord. Some have said that we hold our children's heads under water and force them to do things. To those that say this - I place my children before you and ask you to compare them to anyone - look at the paths that THEY chose, look at the futures THEY have put their OWN faith it. Look at the eternal LOVE in their eyes and in their hearts. Protest my church all you want - but when the battlefields are drawn - I do not stand in fear because of the warriors and angels around me and my family. Today - heaven touched earth and surrounded my family - because that's the power of the gospel - of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Protest in front of my temple - all you want - but you will never touch that which is inside that building - or inside my heart. Today - I am grateful for a loving husband, 4 beautiful children, a priceless grandson, the amazing people that my children married, my parents, my brother and his family - and for a soon to be missionary experience that will test even the strongest child, and mother. If you would like me to hold YOUR head underwater - I can arrange that (: at any time. Who's on the Lord's side? I am...and there you go.

5 comments:

Joosten said...

It sounds like you hsd an amazing day! My children are still young, but I look forward to a day just like that. You have an amazing family. One thing I have learned is that as parents it's our job to teach our children right from wrong and what THEY do after that is THEIR choice. Looks like you and Dale were great teachers!!! Way to go!!!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Really cool day... very special.

Anonymous said...

whos dale? :)

Jen said...

I am so excited for you! What an awesome experience and one that I hope I can have as well.

Jen O

Anonymous said...

I was just cruising through the blogs and saw yours on Sherilyn Joosten's blog. What a great day for your family. Chase comes home in March from his mission. What an exciting time to send them out and then bring them home. We miss you so much at the school. You are an amazing person and have a terrific family. Tell Ryan "congratulations!"
Trish